Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford C 900 and trailer Questions

Hi there,

I'm looking to built like this one pretty much outside the box just with a few changes.

I will add photos this week and ask for sugestion for this model.

I'm going to change the rims and tires of this truck with aftermarket five holes rims or amt american lefrance five holes rims and amt van tires.

The trailer it will be a coca cola witha amt suspension and a 5 spoke flatbed rims ans the tirefrom this kit.

I wanted to swap the engine V8 for a detroit diesel. Question I have no idea how to do it and if I need to made some changes in the interior.

Thanks in advance

Jesus

I tried the Detroit swap on mine, I have a couple 6v92's and they were too big. What I did was use the cat 1160 from the Louisville Ford and converted the auto trans to resemble a manual one. The cat would be something that could have been in the truck from the factory.

Edited by guitarsam326

I tried the Detroit swap on mine, I have a couple 6v92's and they were too big. What I did was use the cat 1160 from the Louisville Ford and converted the auto trans to resemble a manual one. The cat would be something that could have been in the truck from the factory.

Thanks for your help Sam, Well it seem that is very dificult to insert 6v92 in the Ford c 900 chassis :(. I have three kits like this one, 2 stake truck one c 900 to cinvert in the future. So I will use the stake chassis and try to modify this one just to be sure to not ruin the tractor frame.

If you can rob the engine from a Louisville, I think you will be happy with the result. I tried to post some images of mine last night but there were too big. If you go back 7 or 8 pages in the on the workbench section and look for the title that says 1959 c600 3208 engine swap then you can see some of the pics of mine.

If you can rob the engine from a Louisville, I think you will be happy with the result. I tried to post some images of mine last night but there were too big. If you go back 7 or 8 pages in the on the workbench section and look for the title that says 1959 c600 3208 engine swap then you can see some of the pics of mine.

Actually I think that I have 3 ford Louisville engines in my drawer parts . But I don't like automatic transmision I like better the manual one. I will check your workbench today and look to your progress thank you very much Sam.

I didn't like the auto trans either, so I did what I could with what I had, is it perfect? Absolutely not bit it gives a decent visual. I will give you one other tip if you haven't built one of these already, some of the cabs don't want to tilt all the way forward (like mine!) So I would suggest a lot of trimming and test fitting before you do your final install.

I didn't like the auto trans either, so I did what I could with what I had, is it perfect? Absolutely not bit it gives a decent visual. I will give you one other tip if you haven't built one of these already, some of the cabs don't want to tilt all the way forward (like mine!) So I would suggest a lot of trimming and test fitting before you do your final install.

Oh man thanks for the tip, this is going to be my first coe that I going built. i'm going to star this c 900 when I finish to add the mud flap and decal to the trailes. Ance again thank you for all your help!!

I stuffed a Detroit from a 359 into the racecar hauler Ford and that was a ton of work. Had to chop out the middle of the firewall and half the floor to get it to fit.

I feel your pain on that one, I put the 6v92 in my lnt 8000 mixer, and boy there was a lot of firewall and floorboard mods!

I wanted to swap the engine V8 for a detroit diesel. Question I have no idea how to do it and if I need to made some changes in the interior.

You could always add a bench seat to the interior, which would allow for more clearance under the seat area. The bench seat from either the AMT '60 Chevy or '57 Chevy pickups works fairly well when modified slightly.