Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chevy Titan 90 & revell auto transporter

hi all, I am doing this kit to pull a revell auto transporter which will be full of the Baldwin motion 69 Camaro's that I have going on in the cars wip section [doing 6 at once, what a project...]

it will be awhile before I really dive into this, but I pulled out the cab and got it in color, and added some matching Baldwin motion stripes to try to ultimately tie together the whole project.

so, here is where I am at now,

photo_zps6b0722a3.jpg

photo_zps1e5e85e8.jpg

photo_zps014e0954.jpg

photo_zps2766332a.jpg

photo_zps0f3ed1bf.jpg

as I say, gonna be a bit before I dive in fully, but thought i'd post up what I had so far.

thanks for looking.

Edited by tbill

.....it's funny in a way now that I think about it, all the Camaro's are in GM colors, the Titan on the other hand is actually an AMC color, lol.

I went with the AMC light blue as it looked to me about the color of the GM car haulers I used to see when I first started working in GM dealerships.

with luck, when this project is done, it'll all work together and look 'right'........

Dan. awesome picture!!!!

I have a few more of these auto transporter kits, one of them is going to get done like the killer build you have going on, so it looks more like what you posted, just need to hone my skills a bit more.

Jim, thanks.

Pavel, I have PE sets for all the cars, but hadn't even thought of getting/ looking for a set for the Titan! guess I am off to see what's available for that. and I absolutely love your astro/car hauler build, a thing of beauty!

Man is that pic a trip down amnesia alley. Leaseway....uugghhh! Man were they some rough rigs with equally rough drivers. For what it is worth - that photo is somewhere between '85 and '88 based on the cars. Ooooo....cold shivers down my spine. Flashbacks, nightmares, etc. And some good ones too. A visual image burned deep into my fried brain. .

Certainly not to take away from your work. It is a MOST impressive build you got going.

Between you and Pavel on these Astro's/Titans, my work is cut out to get the aero astro up to snuff. I thank you for setting such a high bar to shoot for.

Excellence in action...or as GM had the audacity to put on the GM logo on the trailer, "Mark of Excellence".. Mid 1980's from GM? err...only by accident or by the few still around that were willing to go to the chopping block taking a stand for it.

Anyway, thanks for the memories (I can now look back and laugh) and certainly drool over the great looking build.

If you are going "later style" with a big grille, here is a good pic to help with the skirting, updated exhaust, and air filter system should you go for the later look. I don't recall for sure but the skirting option came out shortly after the so called "big grilles". It was not long after that the whole heavy Chevy line was dropped. So for what it is worth, big grille Titans with skirting were very rare. They never built a Titan with the SS package which had all this and then some..but GMC did indeed call it the "SS." Sorry to ramble...therapy I suppose.

Peace.

Edited by olsbooks