Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chevy Titan 90 & revell auto transporter

I think I am going to stick with mostly kit parts, as I want to keep it a Titan. time will tell how it goes I guess :)

I do have a couple 3 Astro's in the stash, so eventually I will PE kit one of those.

Dennis, as Jesse mentioned, it was leaseway . I assume that was the company name, as I clearly remember the trucks doors having the GM logo and leaseway painted on the them.

going more for the color scheme of those trucks, then doing the Titan as a replica of one.

Jesse, my grand dad sold GMC rigs for a lot of years, somewhere around here I have a 'build calculator' he used to use to determine just how to build a truck per customers hauling criteria. I really need to find that and post some pic's of it, it was kinda cool.

might actually start the chassis on this this weekend between Camaro parts assembly.......stay tuned........

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

thanks guys.

so, Dan, you're in Houston, I am in NY, what do you figure the half way point is? maybe a 12 hour drive by each of us for a photo op? lol.

or maybe get someone good at photoshop to park them next to one another when I get mine done B)

that sure would look cool.......

Dan, my original plan was a hauler full of 66 chevelle cars/wagons/elcamino's, which I have all the kits to do, plus I have two of the revell kits that have truck/trailer/Camaro/firebird combo. we may eventually need a road trip or a good photo editor, lol.

ok, it is officially on the bench now :) no pic's yet, but I have the frame and partial suspension glued together. I kinda forgot how big a pain it is when the parts are not numbered, lol.

I do however have a bit of a dilemma........unsure of what color to paint the frame :unsure: as the body is light blue, and the hauler will be light blue, I want to stay away from doing the frame light blue [would be too much I think], black seems logical, but for some reason I am leaning towards white...........any thoughts on that possible choice?

I also plan on doing a white interior, only due to the fact that this is meant to be a 'white glove' type hauler, and to really get people fired up, the engine will be the same color as all the big blocks in the Camaro's, just as a way to tie the whole project together.

so that's where I am at this evening, stay tuned for more of 'phase two'............

ok, frame is painted in classic white, and engine is painted in orange to match the cars engines. I now have a dilemma....unsure on wheel choice and color.

not sure if I should color coordinate the kit wheels to the paint scheme, or just use the moebius wheel/tire kit to give it some bling.

kind of have a bit of builders block here, mostly due to the fact the hauler kit has 10 hole wheels, so, kinda want to match it all, but I like the spoke look, but chrome all around would look good too......

any thoughts?

Tom,i think it would be sharp to run 10 holes on the steer axle only,then color co-ordinate the spokes on the drive axles,a little of the best of both worlds? just an idea,really like your idea for this build too,a very unique truck!...................Mark

still mulling over the wheel choice, but, to prove I am actually working on this, here are some pic's,

photo_zpsb11f7696.jpg

photo_zps0ff7e0de.jpg

photo_zps6ded5d6a.jpg

photo_zps33af5047.jpg

photo_zps80ea3caa.jpg

still working on getting the chrome residue off of some parts, and have a bunch of other parts in either primer or paint. also got the tanks together and primed, they will need some more work before I can paint and alclad them, but I am making progress :)