Model Cars Magazine Forum

Regardless on what ANYONE on here says to the contrary, Decals by Lucas is going out of business. I know this for a fact, it has been my knowledge for quite some time. I was told not to reveal details. His having family issues, not health issues. That is all i can say my friends, sorry.

Yes Decals by Lucas is out of bussiness I had to get a paypal refund from Rick and I offered to buy his files but at 3000.00 to 3500.00 for his files and an Alps 4000 I did not think it was worth it . I use Corel Draw X5 and the files would have had to be redrawn so I passed on the deal

Chuck

Thanks for the information guys.

I am not shocked but it was sad to see a good vendor with a cool selection go down the drain.

He should close his web site and stop taking orders unless he is just bleeding off existing inventory and not ripping people off like he did me and some others.

Edited by caine440

Very sad news indeed. He has a lot of stuff I would like to have on hand , maybe,( just maybe) someone will pick it up and move forward .( keeps fingers crossed )

I would like to place another order but have serious reservations ,,,,,, even though I did get my last order with no problems

Bill

Wow, sorry to hear all of this. Rick is a friend of mine and have known him for the better part of 15 years. It's not like him to do this. I know he and Bruce had a falling out and Rick has been going through some pretty intense family issues (I am not going to mention but I know a lot of what he's going through). I know everyone has problems but.......

I agree as well, we all have problems in our own lives, that's life. But stop taking our money, or if you did, and now you can't come through with the product, return the money. I would completely understand if that were the case. Not only did he take my money, he never mentioned any kind of problem at the time, and now doesn't have the decency to reply to my emails.

I agree as well, we all have problems in our own lives, that's life. But stop taking our money, or if you did, and now you can't come through with the product, return the money. I would completely understand if that were the case. Not only did he take my money, he never mentioned any kind of problem at the time, and now doesn't have the decency to reply to my emails.

Hey mark i've been going through the same thing since august he took 140.00 of my hard earned money, sent me only a couple of the 9 sets i ordered and low and behold the ones he sent me were garbage no good for anything and also send him 3 emails a week since but no response so you can kiss your money goodbye, it's a shame guys can get away with this and it makes it harder for the other vendors cause now i don't want to send any money to anyone for fear that i won't get my product

I've been reluctant to chime in on this and I'll probably regret it, but I think it's time.

Earlier this year I noticed the same drop off in response time to orders and e-mails that many of you have experienced.

My e-mails though were eventually answered and my order filled but it was clear to me that something was off. Rick told me he was going to be shutting down so I ordered more. He filled that order too but sent me the wrong decal which I returned. I had to wait a few weeks but eventually he came through. I received my decals two days ago.

I am not trying to defend Rick's actions as described in some of the previous posts but I feel that blasting a vendor or an individual on a public forum is not the best way to resolve a dispute. I had to work with Rick to get those last two orders filled and, right or wrong, I doubt I would have succeeded had I publicly questioned his personal life or his business ethics online. I wish him well and hope someday I will find a good substitute for his product.

I tried dozens of times to work with Rick. I bent over backwards and was polite and patient beyond belief for over 4 months.

I was simple ignored while he filled others orders.

I started this thread as a last resort and a warning to others.

Rick could have sent one email months ago but chose not to.

I even told him he could substitute other decals if he wanted to if he was having problems producing what I ordered.

I do not know what else I could have done.

I have purchased hundreds of aftermarket parts from a dozen vendors and have never just had the money taken before.

It is not even about the money as much as it is being just ignored.

Glad to hear you got your decals.

When nothing else works what are we to do , here is what i just did i had a old email address which i wasn't useing so i decided to send him one on that address making him think i was a new customer and asked him if he shipped to canada and low and behold it was answered in 5 minutes saying i ship all over the world, now keep in mind that 3 months have past and 3 emails a week on my regular email address about my replacement decals and no response, then i get another response on this other email address from someone saying this his his daughter here and rick has been in the hospital for weeks from a heart attack, so if he is in the hospital for weeks how can he do and ship you your decals which you received 2 days ago, this is the 3rd heart attack story i have heard in 3 months

When this thread 1st popped up, I ordered about 6 sheets, praying I received my order. sure enough they showed up about 10 days later.

This was within a week of this thread first being posted

He actually sent me my same order twice . So I emailed him on how to return said duplicates and received a response in under 24 hours .

Would I spin the gun barrel again in hopes to get more if his line,,,,,,,? doubt it