Model Cars Magazine Forum

Color Me Gone

Scottnkat

I recently finished this up. Watching a friend's 24 hour build got my butt into gear and I figured that if he can do everything he can do in 24 hours, I had no excuse to not get my car done that day.

This kit wasn't too bad. Missing only a couple of pieces, but I had spares in my stash so I didn't have to make a single part - that was nice for a change. Everything I needed came from the extra '64 Plymouth I had. On to the pics:

DSCN2614a_zps32b09aca.jpg

DSCN2615a_zps636e351b.jpg

DSCN2616a_zps920c2344.jpg

DSCN2617a_zpsf664d606.jpg

It's funny how you miss some things until you take a picture. It's also funny how you miss some things when you're rushing to be finished. While I did remember to paint the headliner, I forgot the insides of the fenders - I still have overspray there! Doh!!

Anyway, here's a pic of the underside:

DSCN2618a_zpsa977b189.jpg

A shot of the engine compartment - thanks to my friend Tom for the inspiration to put mesh over the velocity stacks and thanks to my wife Kathi for (sort of) allowing the use of a reusable coffee filter which is no longer reusable:

DSCN2619a_zpse7a8eb73.jpg

A friend of mine had an old '64 330. I always thought the front end was butt-ugly. Her car was puke green in color, so I used to call it her "swamp doggy". Well, Here's a closeup shot of the swamp doggy front end - I'll leave it to you to decide how ugly it is for yourself:

DSCN2620a_zpsc23803c7.jpg

Here is the interior. I tried out acetate gauges for the first time on this under dash pod - they are different

DSCN2621a_zpsec2a778a.jpg

Finally, here's one last parting shot at the car before it literally goes under glass:

DSCN2622a_zps0b93d557.jpg

"It's funny how you miss some things until you take a picture." Isn't that the truth, especially when you post it on here, it happens to me every time. :lol: Every time I see the "Color Me Gone" car I get excited. I love your example, nice work, especially for a 24 hour build.

I have no idea how I managed to miss this build, but it sure looks great! There can never be enough Stockers/Super Stockers. I really like the paint on it, and the extra details you have added are really nice.

Now, let's go Racing, I have built the Ramchargers version of this kit. :D