Model Cars Magazine Forum

Puddingwrestler's Tofudabeest - Now Complete

puddingwrestler

Well, the Tofudabeest is done, and since the Mazda Carrol I need for the sequel has not arrvied from Hong Kong yet I'm at a loose end...

Anyway, here's pics:

tofudabeest_done1.JPG

tofudabeest_done3.JPG

tofudabeest_done4.JPG

tofudabeest_done2.JPG

I had a few spots of bother near the end. Soem glue appears to have fallen on the roof after I'd polished and waxed it, so I sanded back and re-polished. It's better, but short of a respray it'll never be perfect. And one of the windshield wipers snapped when I cut it from the spure for installation. Sigh.

And from the looks of the pics, I forgot to BMF the bumpers. Oh well, I'll get round to that.

Pretty Cool Build! Bet those cars would make nice gassers! B)

The stock engine is a tiny little inline four, you'd need to make a ton of space in there. Remember, they are smaller than they look. Oh, and only about 300 were sold in the US, of which only about 5 survive to this day. Dunno how many are left in Japan, but they were much more popular there.

Pretty Cool Build! Bet those cars would make nice gassers! :P

Or a planter! If I have it figured right, these cars are about the size of an old Nash Metro, i.e. not much bigger than a golf cart.

Your build looks good, I think the color choice is spot on. The one thing that strikes me most is how tremendously plain it seems, which I'm sure is an accurate reflection of the 1:1 car. There's also just a hint of elegance in the styling. For most of us, this would have been a challenging choice for a custom build, and I think you pulled it off well!

David G.

Or a planter! If I have it figured right, these cars are about the size of an old Nash Metro, i.e. not much bigger than a golf cart.

Your build looks good, I think the color choice is spot on. The one thing that strikes me most is how tremendously plain it seems, which I'm sure is an accurate reflection of the 1:1 car. There's also just a hint of elegance in the styling. For most of us, this would have been a challenging choice for a custom build, and I think you pulled it off well!

David G.

The real car has a rather fancy grill (which unfortunately looks rather silly, it's got sort of nostrils in it...) and a few side trim strips and emblems. It was originally designed as a taxi, and Japanese cars of that era are fairly plain at the best of times. I preferred to remove these for a cleaner look - I like my customs uncluttered.

Toyota's online musseum has a decent pic of the stock version. There's also an early version with a simpler grill, but not in kit form.