Model Cars Magazine Forum

F&F Resin?

Guest roadkill2525

F&F Resin was ran by the late Ed Fluck. His son, Ed Jr., has started his own business called Drag City Casting. Eddie is gradually phasing in some of his father's old product and has introduced a number of his own stuff. I have some of DCC's hoods and they are good quality. I have an old F&F '62 Nova that was probably nicer when it was new. Mine has some faded chrome and a slight warp to the roof from improper packaging. I bought it second hand on Ebay and is probably not representative of the original quality.

My obseravtion is that the earlier F&F was OK quality. It could have been better, but wasn't too bad. The quality improved quite a bit over time and the later releases were actually quite good. If you can find them I wouldn't hesitate myself to buy them. I met Ed jr. at NNL East and he is a real nice guy and his work was real nice. I bought 2 kits from him.

I've picked up a few pieces since Ed jr took over.

I have the 33 Willys pick-up, which I was really happy with. Very nice casting, no voids, or pin holes, and straight. The shape seems to be right on, and several of the things that always bug me about the AMT kit have been fixed. As this is one of Ed's first kits, can't wait to see what else he'll be doing.

The other one I got is one he cast from his Dad's line, a '64 Malibu 4dr. Again very nice casting, with very little clean up. Now I just need to convert is to a '65, I see the "Repo Man" coming.

I have some stuff the son sold me and the quality is nice and he will ship it promptly every time. I would buy from him again. He make a nice up-top for 69 Chevelle/Olds/Skylark and a lot of other stuff. it's all good from what I've seen and he answers emails and the whole 9 yards.

• 1 month later...

i bought the hugh tucker '28 chevy aa/sr drag car from ed fluck's drag city casting recently and you can't say anything bad about him or his business as far as i am concerned. the product was shipped fast, the emails were always answered and the product was great. i will absolutely buy from him again.