Model Cars Magazine Forum

'62 Impala Super Stocker. -Finished-

W-409

Thanks Guys! The kind words mean a lot!! :D

I agree, it's one of the best looking Chevrolets of all time, which means that it's one of the best looking cars of all time as well. :lol: And this Revell's kit is top notch. It's getting really close now and the light at the end of the tunnel is getting really bright now, as I have only a couple of parts to install tomorrow and then it's done.

Today I installed almost everything. Water hoses, one decal, mirror and a couple of details are missing, but otherwise it's done. Only problem I had was with the front bumper and grille, or actually the body color panel between them. It didn't fit nicely on neither the bumper nor the grille. I was able to get it on place somehow, though. Everything else went nicely on place. I also polished the hood.

Here is my only pic'... The polished hood. "Studio Pics" of the finished build will be added tomorrow once it won't take long time to wrap it up.

47eb1e8b-ac55-4603-87bb-63eeefa9d6d6_zps

Wrong part number on your belt, that's actually an upper radiator hose part number................... :P LOL. I'm just messing with you man. Incredible build with some amazing detail. Looks great!

Edited by Ray_Ray

James: Thanks! It's always good to have a bit humor on these Forums, too :lol: . That gave me a good laugh! ;)

Dave: Thanks, I'm happy with the paint, too. Painting white causes me problems fairly often, so considering that I'm especially happy how it turned out. The decals could be better, but it's not too bad. :)

Jason: Thanks. :) It's nice to build a more detailed build now as my last one, the '61 Olds STW wasn't as detailed as this one.

Danno: Thanks! It means a lot, especially when thinking how talented builder you are.

This build is officially Finished!

It definitely feels great to complete a long project like this, also because I lost the inspiration a couple of times because of some kind of issues this build had. I want to say a huge Thank You for everyone who has been following this Super Stocker come together, but especially I want to thank those who have posted a comment/comments! I really appreciate them all.

Here are some pictures of the finished Impala.

449c3642-0eb4-42a9-b131-ecfe5503e86f_zps

27c3ad70-d392-4b2c-b2c3-ea7977a1aad1_zps

9476d776-6b78-472b-85f7-8d7c78f9458e_zps

d2042f8c-07a8-4015-a8e1-6536a697dc56_zpse72e516c-6aa9-44f1-a7c9-682dbd51e03b_zps

b0cabbb7-2c64-4744-ae4a-22e07d8cf17c_zps

Thanks So Much, Everyone!!!

Ron: I'm glad I could inspire you to start yours. It's a really nice kit that goes together very well. I'm sure it'll turn out fantastic with your talents, I'm pretty sure it'll be way better than this one. I can't wait to see it. :)

Jason: Yep it definitely feels very good to have this kind of a long project done. You must have had the same feeling when you finished the Hemi Cuda. I must admit that this Impala looked pretty good at a Model Car Show that we have now in here.

Stefan: Ja, '62 Impala är en mycket fin bil. Jag tror att mitt favorit är '63 men alla X-Frame Chevrolets är fina.

(Yes, '62 Impala is a very nice car. I believe that '63 is my favorite, but all X-Frame Chevrolets are very nice.)

Thanks Again everyone, I really appreciate everyone's comments! They sure keep me going.

Was this a "breakthrough" build? As an outside observer I'd say it's definitely a significant one in the progression you've shown since you first showed up among us a couple of years ago. The fit, finish, detail and textures are all "on the money" and the realism of the under-hood photos is the proof of that! Your care and attention to detail and the ability to draw on your knowledge as a drag racer shine through. Congrats!

I'm pretty sure I said to you on one of your earliest builds on this forum, that with your desire to improve and the talent you were already showing that one day you would be a force to reckon with on the contest tables. Now this may not be that build, but I for one would not want to compete against it. You have come so far in a few short years and always take the time to admire, congratulate and thank others on their builds, and that young man is truly what its all about. You're a great ambassador and a very very good builder, its been a pleasure to watch you grow. Cant wait to see the next one .

Thanks Gents, I really appreciate the kind comments!

You're right, my build quality has improved a lot. I still have a lot of stuff to learn and I hope I can keep improving all the time. I hope I can do good job with the '61 Impala OS/S that I just started. Anyway I think it's the little details that make the model stand out. That's why I like to try adding details on my builds and you all are "The Guys" who have inspired me to try doing just that...Thanks!