Model Cars Magazine Forum

Foose - Revell Partnership

Two options for the new-tool Revell '56 F100:

• Make it true to Chip's truck with all the subtle body mods and then re-pop it several years later as a stock '56 - it will still look miles better than their current '56 and most won't notice it's not exact.
  • Scale it to a stock 1:1 and provide lowered suspension, custom interior, engine and Foose wheels. "Close enough" to Chip's and this allows for many reissues going forward.

This is from a business/tooling perspective, of course.

Edited by Matt T.

Playing the evil's advocate here:

The new tools will be new 1:1 builds of a 2015 Mustang and a 29 roadster, while the others will be modifications to existing tools just like the rest of the Foose line is. I'm not going to get too excited.

Wheels/ tires , decals and box art. Ho Hum. :mellow:

They would probably be better off just releasing a bunch of Foose wheel designs. Virtually all his deigns involve is lowering the car and putting on bigger wheels.

In fact they should just offer Foose transkits: crate motor, bigger wheels/tires, decals - done!

They could also do a Gas Monkey version: LS or Modern Hemi engine, bigger wheels/tires, can of clear paint.

Yes. again :wacko:

I can't see Revell doing ANOTHER stock bodied Foosed '65 Chevy.I could see them doing the '56 F-100 as one of the four mildly revised existing kits.Just don't tease buyers with Foose's drawings for the box art like the current lot of the Foosed cars that look nothing like the finished models.

Now it's time to get pressure on Revell to bring us accurate depictions of the real cars, like this Impala wich is a heavily modified 1965, not just the stock car with foose wheels!!

They would probably be better off just releasing a bunch of Foose wheel designs. Virtually all his deigns involve is lowering the car and putting on bigger wheels.

In fact they should just offer Foose transkits: crate motor, bigger wheels/tires, decals - done!

Another thing I'd like, is modified / lowered suspension for the Foose versions. They did not include that in the past Foose kits, but they did do it for the '70 Cuda release. In order for the big wheels and tires to look decent, you gotta get the stance right.

Another thing I'd like, is modified / lowered suspension for the Foose versions. They did not include that in the past Foose kits, but they did do it for the '70 Cuda release. In order for the big wheels and tires to look decent, you gotta get the stance right.

There is an idea, tool up new AAR hood and the proper set of wheels and we have a good approximation of Joe Rogan's Foose designed, Rad Rides built Sick Fish cuda.

I recall when they came out, a lot of guys were disappointed the suspension didn't allow the model to be built to approximate the box art.

I agree entirely...if you're going to portray the kit as building something with a particular stance, you really ought to include the parts for guys who can't do the mods...and shouldn't HAVE TO do the mods. It's only fair.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

You know, they could either tool new cab/bits for the current 56 as mod reissue like the 69 Shelby convert, or convert the 55 Monogram. If done well, it may work.

No idea how the Testors Boyd cars sold, but that's a point to look at.

I can't stand errors, but they haven't decided what they're doing and people either hate Foose, or are pessimistic about issues. Give them a break. They're investing, and aiming stuff at the lunatic fringe that will maybe lure people in. I'd expect some time on Overhaulin' too, like the other show.

I'm up for them, just no boring stuff. And at least Chip makes car safer and well built. Gas Monkey builds for the flip. I like the show, but only a few I'd buy from them, sloppy quickie builds not my taste.

The problem with the flat out custom cars art their limited appeal in the long run. You can keep re-doing a '56 F-100 and the Impala, but, the others are limited to what they are, and once the partnership dissolves, then what do you do with them and what do you call them?

You can use them to kit bash and customize even further, but, how many of us actually do that?

My Vote, the Ford '56 F-100 and the Ford '34 Stallion

You can use them to kit bash and customize even further, but, how many of us actually do that?

Me, me, me, and me. :D Really, from what I've seen, there's a fair bit of that going on.

Again, I'm sure Revell has looked closely at the sales numbers on the re-releases of the older Roth etc. customs, before even considering doing a couple of new ones.

Don't you find it odd that the Daniels' kit and the Barris' kit look sort of the same? :rolleyes:

Tom Daniel did some design work for Barris, including the Surf Woody and some elements of the Munster Koach. He also worked on the Druid Princess for Ed Roth, though Ed Newton did the main elements of that one.

I wonder if Tom Daniel had anything to do with "re-designing" those kits I posted above from the Roth originals to the abominations pictured. They kind of look like he did. if so it was a double insult to Ed Roth. That Mysterion abortion is particularly shameful.

jb

once the partnership dissolves, then what do you do with them and what do you call them?

One might also consider the kit is intended to make enough money on its first (and possibly only) production run, making any questions regarding subsequent production runs moot.

"The series will include full glue and paint model kits as well as Revell’s first Foose pre-decorated glue kits. It will be released over a three-year period."

I would bet a holy grail that this series never sees it all the way from beginning to end. When one or more of the kits fails to reach a pie in the sky 34 zillion unit sales, the rest will be quietly forgotten. Nothing against Revell. This kind of thing just happens. Remember when we got Milner's Coupe, and the '55 Chevy from "American Graffiti"? We asked "Why no Toad's '58 Chevy?" The answer: "We'll see how the sales do on these."
We never did get that '58 with the AG tie-in.
Just because they say they will do something, doesn't make it carved in stone.
Can anyone with some memory cells (leaves me out) recall any other series that never made it to the finish line?