Model Cars Magazine Forum

POCHER 1/8 Aventador

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ya know....if this was a Pre-L Pantera or a Ferrari 275GTB4....or almost any of the beautiful 1950's-60's Ferrari/Maserati/Jaguar/Aston race cars I'd jump all over it. While the new exotics are powerful and creatively designed, I'm not a fan of building them. There are so many amazing historic sports, race, or touring GT cars that need to be offered in large scale, I don't know why Pocher, Tamiya, Kyosho, etc. want to do the new stuff.

I don't know...Lamborghini sales went up 30% from last year...They intended to produce 600-700 cars in 2011.... but has exceeded 1000...there's a 18 month waiting period for buyers for the Aventador and the Aventador roadster....So the public certainly likes this car...I think Pocher will do well with this...in fact if they come out with the Veryon GTA 5, Maclaren P1, Veneno, La Ferrari.....well they can take my money on those too.

But I'm sure Pocher will do the 60's cars to please the masses....I'll buy GT-40Mk1.....if they do

Assuming the 'new' Pochers avoid the pitfalls of the old generation (wonky fits, poor attachments, vague instructions etc), it would be wonderful to have those 'classic' sports and race cars from the 50's to 70's.

The level of fit and detail appears fine on this new generation Avent but the subject is too 'Flash Gordon' for me.

Wish they re-release the Alfa and Sedanca with the modern assembly and engineering too....

When Nolan was having his people design the new Batmobile, said he wanted it to have elements of the Murcielago, and Bruce Wayne does drive Murcielago in the first two Batman movies he directed (I think it was an Aventador in the one with the silly-voiced Bane), so I think you're right about him having a thing for Lambos.

Anyway- I have zero interest in this kit, but I can't wait to see what you do with yours. B)

I'd really like to repaint it Nero Nemisis (Matte Black)...I'll post pics of the kit whenever it arrives.....shipping delays...wont be here till mid- December.

It would be most helpful to tell us if you find flash, (better not-these are new molds!) sink marks, pin marks and scratched glass-all hallmarks of the older generation Pochers.

• 4 weeks later...