Model Cars Magazine Forum

57 chevy pro mod w.i.p (updates 11/11/12)

tyrone

thanks fellas, the input means alot.. .welI I narrowed the rear end a little bit more and I think I'm satisfied with how it is now...

006-5.jpg

007-5.jpg

008-4.jpg

009-3.jpg

I'm gonna thin the resin down on the rear quarters, to give me a little more clearance, for these big slicks....

010-4.jpg

Tyrone... Man this build is looking Killer man!! Nice work. Just love your builds. really would love to see what you could do with a 1/16th scale pro mod ;)

Scott ... the slicks look like they are the drag slicks from Pegasus, but I am not totally sure.

Scott ... the slicks look like they are the drag slicks from Pegasus, but I am not totally sure.

That's exactly what they are. Probably the best modern race slicks going today. Nice work Tyrone. Everything is looking great.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments....

Scott the guys are right.. these are the slicks that come with the Pegasus pro magnum wheels, I've accumulated a few sets of them, mainly because when I was using the pro sportsman floor board and wheel tubs on my builds, it always seems it was a tight fit to get them to fit.. and look right as far as the stance.. so I just used the slicks that came with the kit.. those slicks just look to small... imop... on here.. I like it better with the BIG shoes on it... lol... I think by scratch building the chassis it gives you more clearance, and you can sit the car down a little lower... from now on I plan to build all my pro mods with a scratch built chassis, for that reason... I still may use the pro sportsman chassis for my outlaw prostreet type cars...

Chris.. I have been thinking more lately about giving the 1/16 scale a try.. but I really would like to see them do a 68 body... I've been wanting to do Todd Tutterow's Al Anabi blown Camaro...

Thanks again fellas...

Should I go with a single wheelie bar out the back... that seems to be more normal on the blown cars..????

Edited by tyrone

The back half looks great Tyrone, I have a few of them Pegasus tires to (got them when they were made by So-Real), they certainly do look better then the kit tires, & I agree, always liked the more massive look of them. Wheelie bar, single sounds pretty good.Wouldn't mind trying a 1/16th myself, but would like to build something different from everybody elses cars, a lot of the '70.5, '69 Camaro's, Mustang's & Daytona's.

Edited by Dragracer

The back half looks great Tyrone, I have a few of them Pegasus tires to (got them when they were made by So-Real), they certainly do look better then the kit tires, & I agree, always liked the more massive look of them. Wheelie bar, single sounds pretty good.Wouldn't mind trying a 1/16th myself, but would like to build something different from everybody elses cars, a lot of the '70.5, '69 Camaro's, Mustang's & Daytona's.

I am only aware of 1 Mustang, 1 Daytona and no one has built a Corvette... so that excuse doesn't hold up. :D You just need to bite the bullet and make it happen!

Should I go with a single wheelie bar out the back... that seems to be more normal on the blown cars..????

I say double... I wouldn't say it is the norm it really depends on the driver, I have seen quite a few blown cars with dual wheelies.

Bart, you are right, only 1 'stang & Daytona & no 'vettes (yet! LOL!),but I never have been a big fan of the '50's or early '60's vettes, '68 Mustangs or the Daytonas/Superbirds, now if somebody made a '70 Mustang or a '69/'70 Corvette in 1/16th, that would be a different story, of the bodies that Terry makes (Flashpoint), i wouldn't mind the '51 Chevy (think that looks pretty cool, but I'm sure that is not one of Terry's big sellers), or his '68 Firebird, I would jump at it, also wouldn't mind seeing a '69 "Cuda in 1/16th. :)