Model Cars Magazine Forum

I made the exhaust connecting flanges at the same time I made the brass parts for the rear end cover. First one was added to the collector, then a second to the pipe that will connect to the muffler. It has room for the gasket I’ll add later…

DSC02118_zpseeaf1afd.jpg

I’ll cut and bend the pipe later, after I set up the muffler on the frame.

DSC02119_zps962421b2.jpg

I must admit, after all the bending, filing and sawing on that header over the last two days, my fingers are really sore. Something plastic doesn't cause... It's still worth the effort.

I think there are only two Crown Burgers, (both in SLC), only been to one myself, it's enough... Way better than In & Out!

Crown Burgers is pretty tasty... Pastrami on a burger is mighty good...lol and did they also have a fry sauce?? which was better than just ketchup.... There is one up in Latyon just south of Hill Air Force base off I-15 and Antelope ( this is about 30 mile north of Salt Lake). We used to go there every time we had to travel for work to Hill Air Force base for a company that I used to work for.

Mark... these parts for the rear end and headers are looking great. Very nice work!

Thanks guys!

Casey,

As far as cleaning up the joints, it’s just a little filing or Emory cloth and a brass wire brush. Then a wash under the faucet with some liquid detergent and a toothbrush to remove the caustic leftovers from the paste and rosin.

Pumpkin time… I started off by building a brass armature with the mounting points and receiver points for other subassemblies. That will provide plenty of strength. Then I added styrene for the shapes and details.

DSC02120_zps2c9d2d23.jpg

DSC02121_zps9d5ad9dc.jpg

Thanks guys.

No plans for fluid at this time. It's British enough I'm afraid it would leak out...

Gotta love the Tamiya kits. A true joy to build (even “just”) box stock.

More progress on the differential. Still needs more bracing, plenty of cleanup, and other parts/details…

DSC02129_zpsdd5fea97.jpg

DSC02130_zpsb69bede6.jpg