Model Cars Magazine Forum

CARBON COPY RESIN

Byte me!

TK is the last one you should state that to ! Did'nt you see the group photo from Toledo ? He looks happily demented ! The really scary part ? He's one of the better ones out of that crowd from Ohio !

Gotta admit though , the man does have a point there , O' Procrastinator of Kit Building ! ;)

xoxoxoxoxo

The Old Man

I just want to say that Ariel remembered me asking about his Merc wagon a couple months ago and took the time to PM me so I would know he has them ready. That is great business practice in my book!

That's great to hear. I know I've been a real PITA PM-ing Ariel about the 32 Ford up top and windshield frame (and now the 37 Ford pick up - too cool!) so it's good to know that when they'll be ready I'll get the word. The tentative lineup for Carbon Copy Resins is terrific. So many great ideas that are sure to lead to some really neat builds.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Ariel, it looks like you've got some interesting products in the works. I have a bed and frame to a very desireable kit among truck modelers that I would like to see casted. They are from the MPC Dodge Longbed truck kits and it would be a longbox, fleetside conversion for the Little Red Express. The frame and bed that I have haven't been touched by paint yet, but the pic of one that I had that got lost in the mail almost a year ago. Let me know if you think it's worth while to cast.

Thanks

Benjamin.

S6301741.jpg

Hey Ariel, it looks like you've got some interesting products in the works. I have a bed and frame to a very desireable kit among truck modelers that I would like to see casted. They are from the MPC Dodge Longbed truck kits and it would be a longbox, fleetside conversion for the Little Red Express. The frame and bed that I have haven't been touched by paint yet, but the pic of one that I had that got lost in the mail almost a year ago. Let me know if you think it's worth while to cast.

Thanks

Benjamin.

S6301741.jpg

You have a pm B)

Just a quick note to say that I got the up top and chopped windshield for the Revell '32 Ford Roadster last week, promptly after Ariel sent me an e-mail that it was ready! Very Nice!!! And it features the best, most detailed instructions for preparation and installation I have ever had the pleasure of receiving, complete with photos, templates and ideas for variations. Carbon Copy Resin promises to be among the best resin houses out there, with fresh and original ideas for exciting, innovative, and desirable items. Two big thumbs up! B)

Thanx Ariel!

PS: This makes me want to see the website up and running even more than before!

Edited by gbk1

Just a quick note to say that I got the up top and chopped windshield for the Revell '32 Ford Roadster last week, promptly after Ariel sent me an e-mail that it was ready! Very Nice!!! And it features the best, most detailed instructions for preparation and installation I have ever had the pleasure of receiving, complete with photos, templates and ideas for variations. Carbon Copy Resin promises to be among the best resin houses out there, with fresh and original ideas for exciting, innovative, and desirable items. Two big thumbs up! :D

Thanx Ariel!

PS: This makes me want to see the website up and running even more than before!

Bernard Thank You for the great words. Me being a modeler myself I try and put the product as I would like to have it

supplied to me. I can thank John Goshke for the master of the up top and for the great instructions. I am

like Hyundai trying to meet the service and quality of Toyota. So the one person that I look up to for service and quality

is Norm Veber R&M. :P

Thank You

Ariel

Benjamin , I bet there are a whole passle of folks that would pay for a well cast truck bed for a 1976 Dodge Pick Up . Hey , I might even buy one and I'm really down on Chrysler products even though I used to sell the cars. Just my take on the subject. Ed Shaver

...I can thank John Goshke for the master of the up top and for the great instructions. I am

like Hyundai trying to meet the service and quality of Toyota. So the one person that I look up to for service and quality

is Norm Veber R&M. :D

Yeah, I forgot to give John his props. I remember when he first posted his work on this. That's what got me interested in getting one. I PM'd John who told me Carbon Copy would be selling them. It shows what an important marketing tool in our small world of car modeling these boards are. Anyway, Mr. Goshke did a great job. I also like the notes in his instructions for an alternate (rectangular) rear window - nice touch. Certainly, John's instruction sheet should be a good example for what can be provided.

Like so many modelers, I think Norm Veber is the "gold standard" when it comes to quality and customer support. My only gripe is that he has resisted cataloging his awesome array of parts on a website - he says he's already heavily backlogged and fears the expansion in business it would bring. He's right, of course. Anytime people see what he has to offer they order some. So it's a business decision I have to respect. But it's taken some real detective work to figure out what he's got, often including wonderful things not listed in his print catalog.

Good luck on your venture. You're off to a great start. I'm sure the "jungle telegraph" is already getting the word out on Carbon Copy Resin!

Yeah, I forgot to give John his props. I remember when he first posted his work on this. That's what got me interested in getting one. I PM'd John who told me Carbon Copy would be selling them. It shows what an important marketing tool in our small world of car modeling these boards are. Anyway, Mr. Goshke did a great job. I also like the notes in his instructions for an alternate (rectangular) rear window - nice touch. Certainly, John's instruction sheet should be a good example for what can be provided.

Like so many modelers, I think Norm Veber is the "gold standard" when it comes to quality and customer support. My only gripe is that he has resisted cataloging his awesome array of parts on a website - he says he's already heavily backlogged and fears the expansion in business it would bring. He's right, of course. Anytime people see what he has to offer they order some. So it's a business decision I have to respect. But it's taken some real detective work to figure out what he's got, often including wonderful things not listed in his print catalog.

Good luck on your venture. You're off to a great start. I'm sure the "jungle telegraph" is already getting the word out on Carbon Copy Resin!

You can see most of Norm's products on Dave Toup's Fotki page:

http://public.fotki.com/davetoups/aftermar...cas_and_miniat/

• 2 weeks later...
The only problem is that it hasn't been updated in more than 2 years. Anyone have a more up to date catalog they can share with us?

I just got some parts from Norm the other week and he has an updated catalog. Norm always includes the latest updates to the catalog with your order, and when there's a new compilation he sends you one with your next order. The descriptions of the parts are excellent and there are pictures of larger parts or those that need illustration. Otherwise, you have to crawl around the web to various sites to see some examples, but it's always only the tiniest tip of the iceberg. In fact, even Norm's own listing omits some parts which are "discontinued" but which apparently can be gotten if you inquire. He's very good about answering e-mails and is quite willing to discuss things on the phone. His stuff is so nice that most of his customers, like me, have learned to work with it. It's definitely worth the 4 bucks to get the catalog. Do it! I would post the latest catalog but it goes 51 pages long including the price lists which include significant additional items not described in the main pages.

Edited by gbk1

Reps & Mins catalog is right here, thanks to Bob Black:

http://public.fotki.com/drasticplasticsmcc...casminiatureof/

This is the 2007 Price List and the updates from September and May 2007. Missing are the product descriptions prior to those two updates and the September 2008 update which includes the two '32 Ford transkits (Sedan Delivery and Pickup Body) and the '49 Mercury Convertible which Lyle mastered for Norm. Also on this update is an EFI Fuel Injection and Smoothed Valve Covers conversion for the Revell small block Ford engine that comes in their '32 Ford variants and new '70's style Good Year Bluestreak Dragway Specials slicks.

The prices on the 2009 list appear to be largely the same and there are only a few minor deletions. However, in addition to the items I just mentioned there are several important additions including a '32 Sedan with a 3 1/4" chop which has TBA as the price so it's probably in the works at this time. It seems to have replaced the old '32 Ford Tudor 6" chop transkit which has been deleted. I also noticed that Norm has added the "Bob Dudek Line" although there's just one item, a '40 Ford steering wheel. Most of the additions under small parts are in the 2007 updates but there are a few new items which are only on the price list including Ansen valve covers for the Revell small block Ford, '36 Ford wheels, Halibrand 5-slot wheels and Buick valve covers with breather caps.

I'll see if I can find time to at least scan the updates and 2009 price list and get them to Bob to add to his listings.

Edited by gbk1

• 1 month later...

Hello Everyone

Just wanted to see if any interest for the following subjects.

All the artwork is complete. This is the list.

1/43 Dyson Lime Rock Park Rs Spyder (kit)

1/43-1/24 Dyson 2006 LMP1 car Lola (1/43 will be a kit, 1/24 will be decal set only need Profil 24 Lola and modify)

1/43-1/25 2008 BBV Vette (1/43 kit, 1/25 decals only)

1/43-1/25 2009 Sebring BBV Black Vette (1/43 kit, 1/25 decals only)

1/43 2007 BBV Laguna seca (kit)

1/43 Dyson RS Spyder ALMS 2008 Season

just trying to see if any interest.

The woody wagon is still in process, the 32 tops are slowly coming, the Datsuns have been a great seller and the 63 Cortina all the pcs are done just need to primer and polish.

Thanks

Ariel :lol: