Model Cars Magazine Forum

THE TESLA CHARGE(R) (1968 Dodge Charger by Revell)

Dr. Cranky

It's Nikola Tesla Monday here in the Lab-RAT-ory. We have started a new build, and a new project that's inspired by two people from history: Nikola Tesla and Leo Theremin--yes, they both played quite a bit the role of the mad scientist in their laboratories (wow, I've gotten so used to spelling that word my way, the norm looks weird to me. LOL!) Tesla is fueling quite a few paint and graphic ideas for this build, and THEREMIN is playing in the background to help with the images of electricity, etc . . .

Anyway, the build is just in its very early stages. I smoothed the body, cleaned the parts. Got everything so far ready for primer and paint, which should start sometime tomorrow.

I have fallen in love once again with a new kit, this time the 68 Charger (Special Edition) by Revell. I got two, but think I will need a few more.

This build was also inspired by COOL HAND's (Luke's) 69 Charger which he posted recently. That model is still worming its way into my imagination.

I hope you will all feel free to post some of your own versions of this kit on this thread as a way to share your inspiration with me, in particular those of you who have built smooth, sleek, and modern custom renditions of this kit.

I am look forward to a great deal of fun, so let's all share the eye candy. More progress soon.

Its real nice to know my build provided some inspiration for your build Doc.

I certainly get lots of inspiration and have learnt alot from you.

So as you say inspiration is a 2 way street.

Cant wait to see some progress pics and im especially looking foward to seeing the paint job

I know you have seen this already DC, I wanted to share with others here. This is the same kit, mine was a bomber I got on ebay. The engine was assembled but unpainted as well as the chassis. I froze it all and then broke it all back down and started over. Anyway, turned out ok, it's a great kit for sure!

559646_10152197644250227_1810777002_n_zps1a7f0a28.jpg

Cool. Can't wait to see more. Though, in my personal opinion, since it's inspired by Tesla, it should have a Tesla coil on it somewhere.

Its' going to have a coil indeed right over the engine. Lots of electric bolts branching out, etc . . .

Nice build, Dave. You tell me the wheels are from the 66 Chevelle wagon?

All the other parts have been primered and painted and are awaiting assembly.

IMG_0017-vi.jpg

The interior is not going to be done until I get the body painted so that I can match up the colors . . .

I love these wheels:

IMG_0018-vi.jpg

IMG_0019-vi.jpg

I am going to give this one an aggressive back to front stance . . .

IMG_0020-vi.jpg