Model Cars Magazine Forum

Florida car/truck builders

Here is the info on the IPMS Flight 19 show on March 10th. Model Car Creations works closely with the local IPMS club and supports this show as they are a great bunch of guys. We will have our tables diorama set up at the show for all car entries to be put on. Last year we where set up right up front as you walked in. http://ipms-flight19.com/

With your support this can be another great automotive turn out. DON'T BE SCARED AWAY BECAUSE IT'S IPMS

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to get us the hobby lobby in orlando but the manager didn't want to give me the date because a sewing club meets then but hadn't yet made there schedule. I also looked at other venues but because of reasons I won't air out here I was unsuccessful. I think the Bob Evans is a great idea. Breakfast and models, sounds good to me

• 1 month later...

FAST had their January meeting today in Ocala at the local Hobby Lobby. Approximately 20 members attended along with assorted extra guests. It was a very good meeting with plenty of attendance and completed models and projects displayed. The meeting was followed by an impromptu swap meet out in the parking lot with a few members that brought some goods to part with. A good time was had by all.

http://public.fotki.com/1320wayne/fast-club-meetings/january-2012-fast-m/

Thanks for the pics Wayne. I'll send the link to Marcia and ask her to put it on the FAST website. In case some you missed it, the FAST website is here -

http://fast.cybrarygoddess.com/

Monoped - Hey Brian, we missed you. FAST meetings are the 1st Saturday of every month and usually at the Ocala Hobby Lobby. February 2012 will different because we'll be up at the Jaxcon show. But March 3, 2012 we'll be back in Ocala. The club members are going to build the 1940 Ford pickup and will build it anyway they want - no holds barred. All builds will be presented at the November 2012 meeting. Should be fun to see what happens.

Hey Dr. Cranky and MikeMc - that's my '57 Chrysler. I was trying to go a little old school by using Olds Fiesta hubcaps and pinheads to simulate door knobs for a grill and many thanks to Fatkidd for his expertise and doing the fog paint job.

Thanks for digging out that post Doug.

Edited by crazyjim

• 2 weeks later...

Model Car Creations of South Florida ‎2012 Table Top Nationals NEWS!!!!

We are proud to announce the 1st theme for the contest.

Build a Hudson Hornet

Rules are pretty straight forward the build must be based on the Moebius Models Hudson kits. You can build the car anyway you want including resin Conversions.

And Rumor has it Moebius will be sponsoring this class and may even be in attendance.

More news coming soon

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

FAST had it's March meeting today at the Hobby Lobby in Ocala. It was another well attended meeting with 22 people in attendance. There were plenty of cool finished and in progress builds showcased and I believe somewhere around 15 or 16 people in attendance purchased the 40 Ford kit that was made available for the club build that will be completed and displayed at the November meeting. It will be interesting to see how many different types of builds are created from this kit.

Below is the link to todays pictures from the meeting.

http://public.fotki.com/1320wayne/fast-club-meetings/march-2012-fast-meeting/