Model Cars Magazine Forum

California Charger F.E.D. update

I want to be the first on here to congradulate Bill for his outstanding work on this model----I have received word that he won his class, got best engine, best detail, peoples choice and GRAND CHAMPION!!!!!!!!!!!!!

then when I got home and opened my emails, found a message from him also---

Congrats Bill, and your display pics you emailed me are going to get printed for my collection---

Jerry

thank you Jerry, the only thing that would have made it better would have been for you to be there to share it!

Bill... this build it out of this world bud!! Sounds like you had a great weekend. Congrats on all of the awards that this build received. seeing what I got to see on here, I can only imagine what it looked like in person. This is one of those builds from the get go I thought would take a lot of awards. Your craftsmanship is up there with the best. I can't wait to see what you have in store for your next build for us. Hope its another 1/16th scale beast!!! ;) . Very Nice work Bill.

Bill... this build it out of this world bud!! Sounds like you had a great weekend. Congrats on all of the awards that this build received. seeing what I got to see on here, I can only imagine what it looked like in person. This is one of those builds from the get go I thought would take a lot of awards. Your craftsmanship is up there with the best. I can't wait to see what you have in store for your next build for us. Hope its another 1/16th scale beast!!! ;) . Very Nice work Bill.

that is very kind of you Chris, everyones support has just been overwhelming, really have no way to describe how all of the great comments have meant to me, it really is very humbling to say the least, hope to be half as good as the big names in this awesome hobby someday!

the finished pics are in the under glass thread

• 3 months later...

Killer job man.

And congrats man!!!

I got my 'how to' in there also.

Great feeling man, Cheers!!!

Was awesome to see that you're one of the featured articles! You deserve it for sure with that kind of craftsmanship.

Corey

Edited by dimebolt

Ok now that all the hoopla has blown over let me point out some things you could have done better.......Now as for that motor of yours.....ok I'll admit that was done perfect.....but that paint job! (well i guess I have to admit that was perfect too) ok I know the wheels.....(now that i think about it there was nothing wrong there either) ........in fact they were perfect too... ok ok I got it the parachute (humf done perfect too)..... Well let this be a lesson to you Bill and I hope I was able to point out somethings for you to work on next time. LOL!

Ok now that all the hoopla has blown over let me point out some things you could have done better.......Now as for that motor of yours.....ok I'll admit that was done perfect.....but that paint job! (well i guess I have to admit that was perfect too) ok I know the wheels.....(now that i think about it there was nothing wrong there either) ........in fact they were perfect too... ok ok I got it the parachute (humf done perfect too)..... Well let this be a lesson to you Bill and I hope I was able to point out somethings for you to work on next time. LOL!

hey Romell, I will be sure to take these things into consideration for sure! thats a tough list! but I will do my best,..you are way too kind bro!! thanks!!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I watched the build all along. A truly amazing build.

Did you see it mentioned at "NHRA.com" in the "INSIDE DRAGSTER" section.

thanks so much David, Mr. Clayton actually sent me an email letting me know that I was mentioned in the article, I was totally shocked, and very honored!

Link

http://www.nhra.com/blog/dragster-insider/page/2/

Towards the bottom of the page.

Congrats, Bill!

thanks for posting the link Ray, I appreciate it!