Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chevy Vega update 10 Dec

Stan, you should build it STOCK! hahaha.....just kidding Stan. Just to change it up, why not red? Otherwise, I'm sure this will be another fun ride!

Thanks Wayne,Stock!What is that...Not sure on a color yet...

Looks great so far Stan. The tail might be a tad low, but it's well on the way to being a great racer! Can't wait to see this one completed!

Thanks Jeff,the tail will be a little higher when its done...

I love vega's. My Dad put eye bolts in the floor between the tubs of his vega and drove me around when i was in a car seat to put me to sleep. I was doomed from the start to be a gearhead chevy guy. Put to sleep in a tubbed vega.

That would be a great way to go to sleep..Your a lucky guy....

cool build Stan I Have been considering one of these bodies to try and turn into a Holden lx torana hatchback.

Which pro sportsman kit do you use and where is the best place to buy them?

Hi Tim,Funny you said that,I think it would be a good conversion.Any of the pro sportsman kits would do it,this is the Charles Carpenter 1,The juke box ford is another 1.Look on Trade Me,there are a few from time to time..

I like what I see so far Stan! I scored a '71 Vega on ebay and was planning on putting the "Twister Vega" chassis under it. But, when I received it, it was actually too nice to hack up. I need to find another one that's in slightly rougher shape. Looks like yours was in perfect shape when you started with it. It would be cool if you opened and hinged the rear hatch. What's your plan for an engine?

This was in good shape,Almost to nice to cut up,Good idea about the hatch too.bbc and th-350 trans,not sure on intake set up yet.

Vegas make cool racecars. I think gold might be nice. Keep it going! Later, MmD :wacko:

Thanks MMD,I'm not sure on the color yet...