Model Cars Magazine Forum

Meng 1/24th Ford F-350

Judging by the top left tree, it's also going to be a 4X4!

The box art and decal sheet both show 4x4 markings. It's a Crew Cab, diesel, 4x4! ALSO TWO wheel choices, TWO running board/bar choices, along with the option for a closed bed gate, or open with the tailgate "extender".

Take my MONEY!

The box art and decal sheet both show 4x4 markings. It's a Crew Cab, diesel, 4x4! ALSO TWO wheel choices, TWO running board/bar choices, along with the option for a closed bed gate, or open with the tailgate "extender".

Take my MONEY!

looks like its just missing the tow hitch bar :lol:

Take my MONEY!

don't forget about the photo etch, gotta love MENG's attention to detail and extra goodies.

I like it. The 1/24 scale is fine with me but I think that there are a considerable number of builders (or are they just forum posters?) who won't buy anything that isn't 1/25. I remember liking to build 1/25 AMT car kits with Revell 1/24 engines and wheels/tires because of their slightly larger size.

What's great is that since they modeled the F350, there are so many different things you can build with it (if they produce a dually version, like Monogram did with their '90 F250/F350, then ever more versions arise).

I'm thinking I'll have to buy at least two, one to build stock and one to build custom.

What's great is that since they modeled the F350, there are so many different things you can build with it (if they produce a dually version, like Monogram did with their '90 F250/F350, then ever more versions arise).

I'm thinking I'll have to buy at least two, one to build stock and one to build custom.

I have no doubt that they are planning a dually version if the sales are good, it only makes sense as they chose to do the long box version single

It is fascinating..before today I'd never heard of Meng.

Hey Rob, have you seen the 1:35th scale Toyota Hilux kits?, those are made by Meng, never paid attention to the company that made either tell now

http://www.hlj.com/product/MENVS-002/Mil

Edited by martinfan5

I have no doubt that they are planning a dually version if the sales are good, it only makes sense as they chose to do the long box version single

Hey Rob, have you seen the 1:35th scale Toyota Hilux kits?, those are made by Meng, never paid attention to the company that made either tell now

http://www.hlj.com/product/MENVS-002/Mil

I saw them in this thread for the first time....I don't usually pay much attention to 1:35th.

I hope not. We'll get the least popular version with the least options and have to buy three kits to get the version we want. I had never heard of Meng models before today. Looking at their test shot and parts layout, I'm impressed. I keep coming back to this thread and pouring over all of those parts. Personally, I sure won't mind $40-$50 for this kit.

You are probably correct

MENG is releasing a 1:35 M2A3 Bradley with BUSK III Upgtade this month that's supposed to make every other prior Bradley look like a joke. It's 667!!! parts, and has a full interior and engine/drive train along with three sheets of Photoetch. HLJ has it for $72, proving the military guys pay, they get results.