Model Cars Magazine Forum

A pair of Lindberg trucks

Here is a pair of Lindberg trucks from kits I got at the local Ollie's for $7.99 each. They're sitting in front of my "Dad's Garage" diorama (see my post in the dioramas section). The 34 roadster pickup is built pretty much from the kit, using the turtledeck included with it. I used parts box slicks and front fenders, and chopped the top and windshield frame a little, and stuck an old luggage rack on the back just for kicks.

5577991275_cae7cc8d6b.jpg

5577992187_988fe4e3f6.jpg

The 32 sits on the 34 frame, minus its fenders. It has a 289 from a 66 Mustang in it. I chopped the top in a rat rod style, with bare welds. I shortened the bed, and used the custom wheels from the AMT 51 Chevy kit. The kit has plastic tires, so I stuck a round Band-Aid on each tire, then sprayed them with flat black. Pop off the Band-Aid, and voila - wide whitewalls!

5577990893_42df76a836.jpg

These kits are both very simple (crude?), but fun to build since they were cheap! I had fun with them. I hope you guys like them, even though they lack a lot of detail. Comments welcome!

Sam

Edited by Sixties Sam