Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mixed messages...

I love stores that have self check-out. Especially when I need to run in somewhere for one item (forgotten dinner ingredient, etc.) and I can check-out in a minute vs. waiting behind a line of over-flowing shopping carts. Plus, I'm pretty anti-social so the less I have to interact with people, the better!

They use to have an expresslane for times like that.

I think I should get atleast 10% off my items when I have to do the U scan after all I'm saving them money buy doing the work myself

That's a lot of information for never having set foot in the store.

If you've seen one retail store's practices, you've seen 'em all. All retail chain stores opererate more or less the same way. Believe me, I used to work for a couple of retail chain stores. ;) Know why they shuffle inventory so frequently? SOMETIMES it's to make room for new product, but 99% of the time it's just done as 'busywork' for the store crew, as if they don't have enough on their plates to begin with.

I was having a conversation with a few local modelers earlier today, and I think I spotted another 'mixed message' some modelers give off... "We'll chomp at the bit and gripe about a kit taking too long to get to market, then moan and groan about how crappy it is once it's finally out, and go on and on about how they should have 'taken more time on it to get it right'." Let's just say a local guy wasn't too happy with a delayed reissue he'd just picked up. After hearing what he had to say, I recalled it wasn't the first time I'd heard such a thing, and I doubt it'll be the last time.

And Drew... I also don't understand why people still pay for their purchases with checks either. They have these neat things called debit cards now. Fish around for the checkbook and a pen and write a bunch of stuff or just punch in four numbers... which sounds quicker and easier? :rolleyes:

And Drew... I also don't understand why people still pay for their purchases with checks either. They have these neat things called debit cards now. Fish around for the checkbook and a pen and write a bunch of stuff or just punch in four numbers... which sounds quicker and easier? :rolleyes:

I'm with ya on this. Since just about every little mom & pop, convenience store, restaurant, hobby shop, and snack bar takes debit cards now I almost never have any cash on me. We do electronic transfer for 90% of our bills and all of our regular payments too (mortgage, etc. ) so the check book sits in a drawer at home. I bet I don't write 5 checks in a year!

We use debit cards for most of our purchases, still use checks tho for most bills. The only problem with debit cards is, if you dont have the checkbook with to write the transaction down right away, it's easy to forget sometimes, and miss putting it in once home. I find most places dont take checks anyway anymore.

WHOA! :o You still use your check book register? Man doesn't your bank offer some sort of online banking? It's so much easier to track your register that way since everything you do with your debit card is instantly added, and you can see your account in real time. Which shows you how many places put Memos on your account for no discernible reason.

I hate writing checks for bills, in addition to wasting a stamp, and having to drive to the post office (we have a P.O. Box) there's the whole part of it actually getting there, and them cashing it. The only bill I can't pay online is our sewer and they're renown for hanging onto checks for 2-3 WEEKS before they deposit them.

I'm with James on this, internet banking rocks. When we eat out and pay with the debit card, the withdrawal shows on our account by the time we're home from the restaurant. Write a check and it's days, if not weeks, before it hits the account. You can see your account status anytime, 24/7 and it's always in real time. If there's a problem you can see it and get it fixed right away. We can move money between checking and savings anytime without going to the bank and standing in line, etc., etc.

I love what technology has done for our lives! :D