Model Cars Magazine Forum

Altered States Models

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Altered States is still in business. Have a Salt Flats Coupe and radster coming my way. Had a lot of contact with Chuck during this buy and we are going to try and hook up at Atlanta this year. Seems like good guy.

• 11 months later...

I haven't read anything current on Altered States Resin and was wondering how they are to deal with and are their products a good quality.

Do they ship or is there issues

It looks like so many bad suppliers are online that it can be scary

Any information would be appreciated

Thanks

Gerry

Chuck is fantastic to work with on all levels. The pieces I have gotten from him are excellent and arrive in short order. I already have a long list of more things I want from him for upcoming projects. I get things from Altered States faster than most other places I have ordered resin parts from.

He also goes by "olmandowntheroad" on eBay, too, so you can see his perfect feedback there if you need more support.

No worries, order away.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Chuck Meier at Altered States Models has been coming up with some new items lately. Chuck has not been able to update his web site so he has been relying on his e-Bay outlet to show them. I just bought a louvered 27T roadster body from him on eBay. He also now offers a blank tonneau cover for the 27T which isn't shown anywhere. I had asked him for something like that so I could cut my own openings. Up to now he had only offered a L'il Billy/Gratiot Auto Supply salts flats style roll cage shroud for the 27T. Here's a link to his eBay stuff: http://www.ebay.com/sch/olmandowntheroad/m.html?item=121329636660&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562 His eBay handle is olmandowntheroad . His regular website, which has lots of cool stuff, too is here: http://www.alteredstatesmodels.com/ Chuck says he's working on getting someone to overhaul his site to add his new eBay stuff, which includes quite a few non-racing parts. Here are a few items that would be of interest here:

1/25 Louvered '27 Ford Roadster
$_12.JPG

Slingster Resin Truckbed T Comp Dragster Body

$_12.JPG

"The Surfers" FED Body 1/25
$_12.JPG

1/24 Louvered '30 Ford Roadster
$_12.JPG

Burkholder Bros. "T" Touring AA/FA 1/25
$_12.JPG
$_12.JPG

1/25 Louvered '29 Ford Roadster
$_12.JPG

1/25 Louvered '32 Roadster
$_12.JPG

Resin 1/8 Drilled Drop Axle
$T2eC16d,!ygE9s7HKKduBSGCyf6+ug~~60_12.J

My order arrived today. It took less than a week. Very nicely done as always. Thin, white, styrene like, flash free. I've got some other projects before I get to this stuff, but the louvered '27 T will soon become a Speed Sport 1 style drag machine.

Hey Bernard, Thanks for the info on Alterd States / Chuck Mier's eBay I.D. is oldmandowntheroad Just the other day I was. Looking at the Surfer's Dragster Body, being that it is a resin piece I was a tad bit leery of buying from an unknown source. Chuck really doesn't let his potential eBay buyers know that he is the guy who is casting the products. I thought that he was just someone unloading a bunch of unknown resin stuff so I didn't pull the trigger and buy it. Guess I'll have to go back and look again.

Skip, I just received my order from Chuck on Thursday. It included the Surfers body. It's clean and nice as always. I haven't had time to figure out which kit chassis it fits best, though. The Surfers car was a "leg under" car so I'm hoping it fits the Ramchargers chassis OK.

I agree that Chuck hasn't done enough to promote himself. On eBay established modelers would benefit from knowing that those are Altered States products. And since he's expanding into parts for hot rods he should include that on his website. But Chuck's aware of all this I'm hoping he gets around to a website update and perhaps brand his eBay stuff "Altered States Models".

Please note that Chuck's eBay handle is "olmandowntheroad", no "d". If you enter it with the "d" it won't work.

Skip, I just received my order from Chuck on Thursday. It included the Surfers body. It's clean and nice as always. I haven't had time to figure out which kit chassis it fits best, though. The Surfers car was a "leg under" car so I'm hoping it fits the Ramchargers chassis OK....

I test fit the shell to the Ramchargers rail chassis and it fits like a glove. This is the same chassis found in the MPC American Graffitti rail kit as well. For you replica builders you'll have to back date the motor to a 392 type, convert the steering from the kit center pivot to the classic external type, and change over to hairpin wishbones. But the wheelbase and leg-under set up are pretty much there.

This is the classic FED era in its purest form. There was never a tougher lookin' rail:

surfers.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just got an order from Altered States Models yesterday before I left for work. I rushed home this morning so I could open the box and see just how good their stuff really is, I'm in awe. Everything I ordered is perfect almost styrene perfect, no flash, mold lines are nonexistent. Chuck's quality is amazing, even more amazing is the way that I was treated by Chuck he kept me informed the whole way through the process. Even told me that he thought one of his molds was worn a bit so he made another one, the part looks like it is straight out of a brand new kit, let alone a piece of resin. Dealing with Chuck is customer service the way it should be, he just earned a spot on my preferred vendor list!

I just pinched the rails on a Ron Cash Deuce chassis for Chuck's '27 T roadster with the louvered trunk. I have several of his bodies and plan on buying more. I agree that he should mention Altered States on his E bay profile.

Edited by Dan Helferich