Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cutting up my Ford C600

Hi all here is my C600 that Ive been cutting up first the roof came off at the B piller and around the bottom of the rear window next I made up a box for the sleeper .I still need to do the body line and the vents on the sides then its just fill then sand and repeate

post-10436-0-65880500-1408927413_thumb.j

post-10436-0-42352700-1408927389_thumb.j

Here is the doors cut out and a bit closer look at the door opening. I still have to build up the inside of the door surround and make the hinges but Im having a bit of trouble finding a picture of the hinges themselfes so I may just have to make it up as I go. As always comments are welcomed

Dave

Edited by Doobie

Thanks Chuck Ive always wanted a C600 with a sleeper . I first saw one when my dad got me a 1/32 ferrari race car hauler(when I was about 6) but it went to the plastic scrap yard many years ago :) I always wonderd why AMT never released the C600 with a sleeper as it looks so cool. B)

That sleeper looks great ! Looks like a lot of careful work was needed to cut the doors out. Did you use a jewelers saw ?

Hi Sean no just my exacto and razer saw for some of the interear door panel .I still have the drivers side interear to remove . Im just ruffing in the shape of the sleeper .I cant deside wether or not to put the bunk in theres not much room in there .I bet they were not very comfortable?

I have read many times where the back side of an exacto blade can be used to cut out panels and such, and some people said that it beveled the edges too much, but I just recently began experimenting, and I don't see where there's an issue. I can imagine it being an issue for the regular car guys I guess, being that their panel lines are a little smaller, or maybe not, anyways, i'm glad you shared this Dave, I don't think I have seen anyone cut the doors open on a c series and im excited to see how it turns out!

Hi folks well Ive got a bit more done to the sleeper and I think its starting to take shape . Its now had the first coat of primer but there is a lot of work to get it right . I still have the vents to make but im temped to have them opening . Anyway heres some pics comments welcomed

post-10436-0-80085000-1409183820_thumb.j

post-10436-0-98684900-1409183841_thumb.j

post-10436-0-54562600-1409183862_thumb.j

Let me know what you think and thanks for looking

Dave

• 1 year later...