Model Cars Magazine Forum

RoG Ferrari 612 Sacglietti Finished 10/02

Mr. Can Am Garage

John, that looks great! I bought a few of these kits for the engine, they should drop right into the Fujimi 550/575M's.

Look forward to your progress!

Chris

Chris,

Thanks! What colours did you use for the interior?

Mine's a dark blue just to be different.

PA219089-vi.jpg

Like this. Tamiya Sprays Dark Mica Blue to be exact.

As for an update, things are moving right along.

DSCF3070-vi.jpg

DSCF3071-vi.jpg

If I can find the time, I should have a rolling chassis by this time tomorrow.

Where you got that nice stands?

Simon

Dang good question. I've got three or four sets of them. One is from RnD Unique (definately not the RnD one). I've got a set from GMP Diecast (Don't think this is from them) and I've got a set from Team Caliber (?). Pretty sure this one is from them whoever they are. Came from WalMart in a set of NASCAR pit goodies - jack stands, war wagon and etc.

An old friend dropped by today to show me his new 1:1 '07 Ford F250 SuperCab 4x4 so I showed him the partially completed Scaglietti.

DSCF3092-vi.jpg

Even dropped the body onto the chassis for him.

DSCF3093-vi.jpg

The reason for the holdup in progress was me trying to find a suitable colour for the brownish leather that Ferrari uses. What do you think?

DSCF3094-vi.jpg

DSCF3095-vi.jpg

I think it's close enough for me.

As long as you are happy with it John. I think the computer screen colors will make it look different to us all.

Burnt Sienna looks good, but is a bit more red and more suitable to a Porsche. That looks pretty good to me though.

The Scag looks great! You'll have it finished in no time.

Chris

As long as you are happy with it John. I think the computer screen colors will make it look different to us all.

Burnt Sienna looks good, but is a bit more red and more suitable to a Porsche. That looks pretty good to me though.

The Scag looks great! You'll have it finished in no time.

Chris

It's not even close to burnt sienna Chris. A woody tan which is funny as Testors calls it Wood. :lol:

We'd sorta put it to one side for a few days (about a week actually) before doing the final details.

DSCF3143-vi.jpg

RoG's issue of the kit painted Tamiya Sprays Dark Mica Blue.

DSCF3144-vi.jpg

As is typical of a RoG kit, fit is a little fiddly at times. In my case, it was fitting the body to the chassis and the driver's side windshield wiper.

DSCF3146-vi.jpg

DSCF3147-vi.jpg

FWIW, the hood is hinged and opens but there's not much to see nor is the chassis much to look at. All aerodynamic panels.

DSCF3148-vi.jpg

The brake rotors were given a wash but I think I should go back and give the lug nuts a wash too.