Model Cars Magazine Forum

PowerBlock TV?

How many of you guys watch PowerBlock TV? It's on spike on the weekend mornings. It has shows like Muscle Car, Trucks, Horsepower, and Plenty of others. They have ongoing projects on all shows, with helpfull tips on how to get the best performance out of your car and how to save the most money.

too many commercials and too little actual program time. there are some good shows on TV but i hate commercials, pretty much why i don't watch any TV at all anymore.

I do watch TV, but have noticed that they've added commercial time and cut back program time, pretty much all across all channels. A typical 1/2 hour show these days is almost half commercials... :rolleyes:

I like having a DVR. Fast forward through commercials, and if I have seen an episode, then it gets deleted. I can watch almost all 4 in the same amount of time 2 in regular time.

That's what I do. It's amazing how little actual program time there is in an "hour long" program!

That's what I do. It's amazing how little actual program time there is in an "hour long" program!

X2 for me!

I used to DVR some old TV shows on Antenna TV from the late 60's/early 70's and compared to today, there were hardly ANY commercials back then!

I watch the Power Block as I find it interesting as well as the Automotive shows on SpeedTV on early Saturdays (Gearz, Hot Rod TV,).

There is a show on here locally that is sponsored by AutoGeek that focuses on automotive detailing and waxing, kinda neat to see how far car waxes and the techniques for polishing a paint job have come!

I use to love watching all those types of shows, going to back to the TNN days, but the few times I have watched them, the ones that are SpeedTv, to its almost like the entire show is one long commerical, I know the products are given to the shows to be plugged.

They are just not the same, I just can not place it, and to be honest, I forgot all about the shows that are on Spike Tv