Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bad News is a '60 not a '59.

I'd base this on an AMT '59 El Camino but your biggest challenge will be that taller than usual windscreen...

I would think that a hearse or ambulance would have used a sedan/El Camino/wagon/sedan delivery windshield. I considered trying to lengthen a '59 El Camino body and sectioning and shrinking an Ecto 1 roof to fit the much smaller Chev body. It seemed beyond my mere skills, so I abandoned that dream. here's a photo that I pulled from a German ad for hearses of that year.. below that is a pretty good all around set of photos depicting a '59 ambulance which would essentially likely be similar to a hearse. I wonder how many of these made their way to Germany? I know that they did build some ambulance/hearse bodies on the Chevy platform, but somehow, I think that there were not many made. I really despise this thumbnail sized pictures thing but the photos will enlarge if you click on them.

post-3815-0-33999200-1362205480_thumb.jp

post-3815-0-05789000-1362205491_thumb.jp