Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hart's Parts Resin

• 4 months later...

I just received the 'corrected' interior conversion parts for the Revell 1968 Hurst-Hemi Dart as created by Hart's Parts , and I am duly impressed !!

After what seemed like one day , I received my parts from Hart ! Talk about quick turn-around !

The parts were packaged quite nicely , to say the least ; a typical mailling cardboard box , lined with excelsior , with the door panels , dash board and Bostrom seats , tucked loosely in a ZipLoc bag .

Very nice !

The parts themselves are gorgeous ; nice "270" trim level door panels ; super nice Bostrom bucket seats ; and , a dash board with the climate contols deleted , and a "radio 'delete'" bezel in its respective placement .

The casting is superb ! They could easily pass for styrene pieces !

Kudos to Mr. Hart :) !

Highly Recommended !

No big deal,John, I believe ya. I've also purchased parts from Vaughn and he's a pretty nice guy to boot! His casting work is VERY good, and he carries some VERY nice products.

Vaughn seems like he's certainly a standup fellow . Quick service ; easy to deal with ; and absolutely top notch castings ! Now if only he'd make a Dual-Gate shifter and console for the Hemi Dart ... although it doesn't seem like a difficult part to make myself :)

• 2 weeks later...

Vaughn seems like he's certainly a standup fellow . Quick service ; easy to deal with ; and absolutely top notch castings ! Now if only he'd make a Dual-Gate shifter and console for the Hemi Dart ... although it doesn't seem like a difficult part to make myself :)

I made a Hurst Pro-matic shifter from scratch for my Street Hemi Dart. Starting with sections of the stock console, I cut it down and added some bits of evergreen until I came up with this. The housing and the upper plate are separate pieces. I ended up flattening a stainless steel paper clip then sanding and polishing it to shape to make the shift lever. I topped it off with a parts box shift knob and used the kit decal for the gear selector. Here's how came out.... the interior is otherwise box. stock. If there was Pro-matic shifter available in resin I'm not aware of it.

048-vi.jpg

I had some in-progress photos but Fotki is moving servers or some other non-sense so they're missing for now.

Steve

i ordered some parts from him and so far i have nothing to show for it, i ordered and paid for my parts on april 22nd, i was told on May 16th that they were shipped on May 14th and i should receive them on May 18th, i have sent 2 emails to seller, both of which have been met with NO reply at all. its now May 24th and i still have nothing

It's too bad that you've encountered such a negative experience with Hart's Parts . At the risk of sounding condescending ; sounds like your experience is quite the anomaly .

Did you ever receive your parts from him ?

I've ordered from Harts Parts probably 1/2 dozen times, most recently received one a couple of weeks ago (and I now have another order pending). Never any problems, usually got my parts as advertised within a week or so.

Edited by Rob Hall

• 4 months later...