Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT M&H Racemaster Dragster Slicks & Parts Pack Tires

Gregg

I bought the slicks set for nine bucks. If anything,these tires should be cheaper,not more expensive. I'll gladly pay nine-ten bucks for them,but not a penny more. I still haven't used a single pair from the slicks set!

Same number of tires as the slicks set...I don't have a need for the slicks, but these I could definitely use.

I did see them at the LHS on Monday and passed on them--they had a few sets, all of them seemed to have at least one tire that had the whitewall imprint out of round. Quality control issue on some, maybe?

Edited by Rob Hall

I read on the round 2 website that they include a set of all-new pad-printed Good Year polyglas tires in the newly re-released 66 Mustang, now that would make an excellent addition to this series of parts packs! They even come in two sizes in this kit...

I just saw these at Hobbytown USA. Not bad, but I don't think I'll be paying $17.99 for two sets of Firestones.

Just bought a set at my Hobbytown for $16, little expensive but nice quality. The whitewalls are printed and centered nicely. I'll use them on a stock build or mild custom.

I looked at a set at my far away hobby shop and the price was $17.99!! I sure hope some online vendors will sell them cheaper,but with shipping,the price will be the same if not more. I just can't see $18 for these tires especially when the slicks sets were going for $9-$10. Heck,for a little more,I'll just grab a kit that has a nice set of whitewall tires. My local hobby shop sells kits cheaper than the price of those tires.

• 2 weeks later...

Probably licensing costs w/ Firestone contributed to the cost.

Actually, from those in the know, Firestone doesn't charge any royalties. They only ask to review what you're making before approving it. They're also very good with helping you design the tire for the model from what I've been told.

Charlie Larkin

Actually, from those in the know, Firestone doesn't charge any royalties. They only ask to review what you're making before approving it. They're also very good with helping you design the tire for the model from what I've been told.

Charlie Larkin

So why don't we see "Firestone" tires in more kits? I think they'd be preferable to the "no name" tires that are in so many kits these days.

So why don't we see "Firestone" tires in more kits? I think they'd be preferable to the "no name" tires that are in so many kits these days.

I wish I knew. Unless there has been a misunderstanding communicated to me, or there was some type of a policy change.

A little more investigation is in order. I'm rather surprised about the new Goodyear tires- they, by far, again, from what I have been told, are nearly impossible to deal with and very, very expensive to get licensing from. I suppose they have to keep the blimps inflated...

Charlie Larkin

• 6 months later...