Model Cars Magazine Forum

revell 2010 mustang snap kit.

towtruck

Could be Rob. I'm not on top of the latest generation yet. I'm just sayinif they are specific to the newer 5.0 GTs I'd want them in the kit. Seems there's also some bumper differences too but that may be V6 only. I do know for sure the 11 V6 got a new bumper. Not sure on theGT.

The HID headlights are an option package..not specific to the GT. They had them in '10 as an option also.

Edited by Rob Hall

The HID headlights are an option package..not specific to the GT. They had them in '10 as an option also.

Yep yep,that's right. I may still have the '10 brochure,I think it was actually in one of the cars when the house burned,but I remember looking at a 1:1 Premium GT (I bet that salesman never said the words "OK,punch it,see what it'll do!" during a test drive again,LOL! B) ) when I thought I was going to be able to buy one (long story,I was wrong-would have been mad I hadn't waited for an '11 anyways,LOL :P ).

Modelroundup doesn't even have these listed in the "Coming Soon" yet :mellow:

Edited by Olskoolrodder

• 3 weeks later...

Tower hobbies detailed listing mentions that the kit has peel and stick "decals" which is a little disappointing. i know it's intended target is kids who don't want to mess with water slide decals but i really wanted the side stripes for the hardtop GT kit

Why can't they provide both, like Round 2 did with their first release of the Impala NASCAR kits? I think that would make both camps happy, and shouldn't add much to the price of the kit.

i'm sure they wont include both water slide decals and peel and stick "stickers" because the target buyer/builder for those kits will have absolutely no interest in water slide decals, they would just be trash can filler for probably 98% of the kits. i should have thought of that before i posted earlier, but i was just thinking about that i wanted the Mustang script side stripes.

You saved me from composing a post. :D

They way I look at it is that these Level 1 snap kits are aimed at beginning modelers, so Revell makes them easy to assemble and finish for the target audience. If more experienced builders can also use the snap kits for parts or conversions, it's a bonus for Revell...and us.

i'm sure they wont include both water slide decals and peel and stick "stickers" because the target buyer/builder for those kits will have absolutely no interest in water slide decals, they would just be trash can filler for probably 98% of the kits. i should have thought of that before i posted earlier, but i was just thinking about that i wanted the Mustang script side stripes.

Maybe, but unless every single one of these kits is to be given away at make and take events, I'd see a pretty fair demand for the waterslide decals.

I'm not gonna rule out using those side stripes till I see them. Lately Revells peel and sticks aint been too horrible they are like a vinyl or something. a little trimming to tighten up the edges of those lower stripes and its a go. Couple the peel and stick lowers with the water slide Over the Tops from the full detail I'm sure you'll be using as a donor and you'll have the same look and I doubt no one would be the wiser. The Lower stripe is low enough on the body to hide the fact they are a little thicker and those of you who use clear can clear over them too to lessen the depth

Well, here we are in December, & still no car, maybe Revell is working with a Mayan calendar?

Neighborhood shop says he's getting them in in a week or so.

But yeah, I think sometimes Revell is in some sort of weird apocalyptic time cube, considering the period of time it takes for some of their kits to finally hatch.