Model Cars Magazine Forum

Aoshima Rocket Bunny 86 kit whats in the box review pg5

I am updating some info that James pointed out , the Volk Racing Version(black car box art) decal sheet includes decals for two different version , one of the them is the original GReddy Rocket Bunny car, and the second set is for the box art , here is what the original one looks like

1383608_10152003892010699_1577134040_n_z

Edited by martinfan5

I am updating some info that James pointed out , the Volk Racing Version(black car box art) decal sheet includes decals for two different version , one of the them is the original GReddy Rocket Bunny car, and the second set is for the box art , here is what the original one looks like

I believe it's the same car, but the graphics were updated recently to the far more snazzier "stealth" (black on black car) graphics it has now. Shows the extra mile that Aoshima is willing to go, you can build the original decals or the current graphics. Sure beats getting a decal set for a car you can't even build with the contents in the box.

I believe it's the same car, but the graphics were updated recently to the far more snazzier "stealth" (black on black car) graphics it has now. Shows the extra mile that Aoshima is willing to go, you can build the original decals or the current graphics. Sure beats getting a decal set for a car you can't even build with the contents in the box.

Its nice that we have a model company that cares about the products they put out

I should have my Volk one tomorrow...my big HLJ shipment is due then. I notice the 1:1 in Jonathan's pics is badged as an FR-S, does the kit include Scion badging? Interesting..

Rob, yes in deed, you get FRS and GT86 badging , I know its hard to see on the decal pic I posted, I was having a very hard time with getting a decent shot of it

I should have my Volk one tomorrow...my big HLJ shipment is due then. I notice the 1:1 in Jonathan's pics is badged as an FR-S, does the kit include Scion badging? Interesting..

Yeah as Jonathan mentions it (well actually BOTH the Volk & Enkei) carries the Scion and Euro-Spec 86GT markings as well as all the of LHD parts to make them. Only fair since the REAL cars are Scions they had to import BACK to Japan since they couldn't get their hands on JDM 86s originally.

Edited by niteowl7710

Yeah as Jonathan mentions it (well actually BOTH the Volk & Enkei) carries the Scion and Euro-Spec 86GT markings as well as all the of LHD parts to make them. Only fair since the REAL cars are Scions they had to import BACK to Japan since they couldn't get their hands on JDM 86s originally.

Basically, the RB kits are just like the first run 86 kits with the RB parts added, just minus the stock wheels and poly caps removed , you are going to have a lot of extra parts left over :D

The parts count on the RB kits made it to where Aoshima had to make the kit boxes deeper to fit it all in

Edited by martinfan5

• 3 months later...