Model Cars Magazine Forum

Altered States Models

Hi Guys

I have one of these resin T/F hydros that come out of the old molds

I emailed and emailed Chuck ( Altered states models) and begged him to pop one more out for me and had just about given up when one day to my surprise one just turned up in the mail here in Australia, Chuck is a great guy and wrote me a note to say that the mold was just about at the end of it's day and it wasn't the best one that had come out of the mold, it's great to see he is going to re re release it cause it is truly a unique subject, just don't forget the engine goes in backwards and the injector scoop face forwards

Regards Mal

• 4 months later...

Does anyone have any experience with these folks? I'd like to order a front engined TFE chassis and some bodies from them but they don't take credit cards so I'd be sending them a check. I did a search on the board and several builders referenced parts from Altered States Models. The parts looked good and they were included on some pretty sweet builds. I PMed them but I'm wondering if anyone else can provide impressions of quality, delivery times, communication, etc. from this caster.

Thanx for any help,
B.

;) Bernard, don't worry about this co. his stuff is really good quality.I ordered his T/F hydro and was real happy with it very good quality.he's got a 51 Chevy Deluxe that I was real happy with too.He's reasonable on his pricing,and he ships pretty quick,about 2 weeks from when I first sent him my money orders, to when Igot my stuff.I'd deal with him again,no problem. ;)

I have been buying from Chuck Meir aka Altered states for many years and have had no reservations at anytime. I recently ordered the hydro kit (2) and some other parts and got them within two weeks time.

down load the order form and go to it.
you will be pleasantly surprised.
BTW which chassis are you Looking at?

Dwayne

I've gotten several responses to my query already and it's virtually 100% positive. Most replies are from long time customers. I'm so glad because I've seen several items on Chuck's site that I would really like to get. It's always great to here about people who are recognized for the great work they do. Thanx to everyone for the prompt replies!

BTW which chassis are you Looki ng at?

It's the 186 Chassis to build a California style early 60's Blown FED, of the no frills style seen at LADS on a Saturday night. Also looking at the Shorty FED Body for the same project, although I've got a modified Hemisphere rear section already done for this build. Additionally I'm interested in the 34 Ford Chopped Coupe (although it's for a strteet rod project), and the Drag/flats Roadster (for its intended purpose).

Couldn't agree more with you guys

Chuck has more than looked after me

"I made one small order from Chuck about 5 years ago, and he treated me like I was his only customer"

I thought I was his only customer cause that's how he treated me

Mal

• 1 year later...

Steve, I'll be honest with you , I never knew of aresin Wyllis truck . I wasdesperately trying to find anything from 1938 to 41 in Wyllis whhen I finially got a A M T re-issue to do in a hobby shop that got a returned kit . I was trying to do s stock ( GASP ) He really said that too Wyllis truck . Flathead Gary sent me some real good photos of a somewhat stock Wyllis and more or less pulled my hide out of the fire and for that Gary , I;m gratefull to ya ! I did the A M T wyllis as a service truck for the Amoco Projek down in Dioramas . Yeah , I need to post some mo pictures too. Ed Shaver

I have the '41 Willys Coupe in my "works" . It is indeed a challenge to revert to stock . Please post your's . There was a Feature in 'Collectable Automobile' of a '41 Willys Stock . Probably the only one left in this condition . The engine for all these Willys is sourced from the WW II and Korean MPC Jeeps . The dual carb setup, found in these kits , was available from 1940 and newer as the "Go Devil" Engine . The Jeeps used the tamer version . R&R casts '38 Sedans I believe . Contact Steve Kohler on this one . I am glad to find someone else making all out Dragsters into Factory Stock . Thanx ..John Jr.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I saw someone on Ebay selling resin 1932 Ford Roadster pickup kits. I don't remember the sellers name but I was wondering if anyone has bought one? If someone has, how is the quaility of the casting?

The 32 rpu is cast by Chuck Miers at altered states resin and its very nice. CF

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm afraid it's probably not Altered States. I don't see a GBP body on their site.

Well there is a G-B-P model in the gallery on the site. Maybe he made it at one time and GMP put the stop to that.The Body and injector scoop is identical to my GMP diecast. except the GMP model has a little bump on the right side below the motor. I sent a e-mail find out.I got mine off ebay a couple months ago,and I thought for sure it came in a bag with an Altered States hang tag.

UPDATE! Reply from Altered States. Got a reply from AS this morn and he states he does make an G-B-P body.My guess is you have to put that in the order form. Check magazines for reference as to the little bumps in the body(under the motor) on the GMP diecast.This is a relatively short wheelbased car so the Garlits Wynns Charger should be a good donor.

UPDATE! Reply from Altered States. Got a reply from AS this morn and he states he does make an G-B-P body ...This is a relatively short wheelbased car so the Garlits Wynns Charger should be a good donor.

That's good news!cool.gifsmile.gif

Re: the chassis, the Garlits chassis has a fairly unique roll bar shape (a shallower angle), different than the 3-point on the G-B-P's Rod Stuckey/Kent Fuller design. Maybe AS's own 186 chassis, shortened, would be a good donor. Certainly worth asking since the gallery shows a completed car and he would probably know. Other sources to consider for a more appropriate shape might include the Revell Tony Nancy Double Dragster kit (IIRC the 22 Jr. Comp. Roadster is a Kent Fuller chassis) or possibly the Ramchargers or Tommy Ivo kits. Regardless, all of them would require extensive shortening/lengthening and reworking. From the awesome Straightline Modeler site here are great references on the West Coast style frames: http://www.straightl...r.org/rice.html and the Wynn's Jammer frame: http://www.straightl...its/garsr6.html

• 1 year later...