Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Snot Rod 29' 12/22

Thanks Jim, Sam, and Richard.

Jim, I'm not sure what I'm gonna use for seats just yet. Thinking about going with a bomber style seat.

As far as a hinge system, I'm gonna just have to locate them where they're out of the way somewhere. Probably as high and low as possible. I was going to do gullwing style doors, but the more I think about it, the more I just want to do them suicide. Plus the hinges would be harder to make functional without being right in the drivers line of sight.

Corey

Those are cool Jim.

I'm actually thinking of building one, maybe two from scratch, and carrying over the flame theme in them.

But your seats do look vey cool If I do another oldie, I'll have to give you a shout.

Corey

Edited by dimebolt

Thanks Pat.

They were kind of an after thought.

But alot of the ideas I've incorporated into this build have come along as it progressed.

Just kind of wingin' it since I really don't know much about building these old rods, so there hasn't been a whole lot of planning involved.

But......I do have a couple more tricks up my sleeve for this one. B)

Corey

For some reason I cant get the toolbar to come up for my post options. I don't know whether it's gonna let me post these pics or not. Guess we're about to find out.

All right Bill, the time has come buddy!

Got my Webers installed, and detail painted today. Also made the air trumpets and got them installed, and the moon tank installed to the radiator housing.

post-9858-188597_thumb.jpg

Edited by dimebolt