Model Cars Magazine Forum

'56 Chevy Nomad - Finished - Class of '56 - Entry #5

Ramfins59

Stick a fork in it... It's done. Final assembly went a lot quicker than I expected it to (the wonders of Zip Kicker). I found a scale box of Mountain Dew in a box, folded and glued it together and glued it to the front seat.

56NOMADINTERIORWITHMOUNTAINDEWBOX1024x71

OK, here are pictures of the finished car...

56NOMADFINISHED11024x762_zpse60f7bf4.jpg

56NOMADFINISHED21024x763_zps0f7f411b.jpg

56NOMADFINISHED31024x759_zps8e556dbf.jpg

56NOMADFINISHED41024x716_zps30041fda.jpg

56NOMADFINISHED51024x738_zps580098a0.jpg

56NOMADFINISHEDENGINECOMPARTMENT1024x762

I'm glad this build is finally done, and thanks again to Jeffs396 for the replacement parts which enabled me to finish it up.

Thanks for looking in on this. All comments, critiques or whatever are welcomed. Time to pick another one out of the pile.

Beautiful work. I really like the seats with piping. I saw the Gas Mokey episode this is based on, and you have done a tremedous job recreating it. Love the green and silver combo.

One question: Does this kit have issues with the hood fit? I've been wanting to do a 56 Nomad for a while, and would like to know it the hood fit is a problem with this kit.

Edited by ctoelle

Thank you all very much for your wonderful comments.

Shas, really anyone can do BMF work. Start out slow, practice on a few bodies and you'll eventually get it to work fine. Take your time, burnish it down well with a QTip and a softened toothpick. Trim with a new XActo blade but don't press too hard, let the weight of the blade in the knife do the cutting since the BMF is so thin. After you trim off the excess foil, burnish down the cut edges again with the toothpick.

Chris White, this build is far from perfect. I can make a list of things that are messed up (You just can't see most of them)...... but thanks anyway.

Edited by Ramfins59