Model Cars Magazine Forum

359 Peterbilt (customised)

Excellent tutorial Luke, maybe you should copy it into a new thread in the 'Tips and Tricks' section of the forum too, for easy finding?

Not a truck builder (yet lol), so I may never use this tutorial, but I appreciate the to-the-point explanation and super-clear pics as much as the next bloke.

Build on man :)

Alright, where we at with this beast?

I'm working on the Kenworth counterpart and following the steps! The suspension is even easier to lower on this one! The hood and battery boxes would be difficult to relocate if I lowered the cab on the frame as you did so it stays at the stock level. I took your method for lenghtening the frame. It's starting to look pretty good! I'm deciding on a DD 8V71 from the Titan or an 8V92 from the General now to replace the Cat. I broke a rear axle while working on the suspension so I got the rear wheels and metal axles from an AMT Freightliner.

I'm not highjacking your post! I'll start my own subject when I get pictures for this one! ;)

Edited by BigBad

Thanks fella's,

Glad the how-to will help some of you.

No doubt... and a "Lead City Customs" decal

Thanks for the updates Luke

Dont you know it will have a L.C.C decal some where. ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Robert:

Not much to report progress wise.

Have applied primer on a majority of the components,just waiting for that to dry then il be back to making some more progress.

Look foward to seeing your Kenworth build.

• 2 months later...