Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Fall 2013 Kit Announcements

Casey

Looks like revell finally got the cuda right

It looks the same as the test shots they showed earlier this year to me. I think the two-tone paint disguises the extra bodyside height.

Not sure what to say about the '53 Chevy Panel's decals, though. :unsure:

It looks the same as the test shots they showed earlier this year to me. I think the two-tone paint disguises the extra bodyside height.

Not sure what to say about the '53 Chevy Panel's decals, though. :unsure:

My Mopar fanatics friends that saw it said they were OK with the Cuda's as shown. Not perfect but much better then there previous offerings. I would love to compare it side by side with the Johan '71 and MPC version for giggles.

I'm with you Casey on the 53 Chevy panel graphics. It will still make a great donor to fab up a '50 Olds Sedan Delivery phantom.

My Mopar fanatics friends that saw it said they were OK with the Cuda's as shown. Not perfect but much better then there previous offerings. I would love to compare it side by side with the Johan '71 and MPC version for giggles.

I will admit it's less noticeable to my eyes with the models finish painted than when they were in bare, grey plastic, but I still think I see the tiny bit of excess bodyside height. That won't be enough to stop me from buying one, as I think the parts alone should be worth the cost.

Were the '49 Woodie's "wood" areas painted or a decal, Steve?

I will admit it's less noticeable to my eyes with the models finish painted than when they were in bare, grey plastic, but I still think I see the tiny bit of excess bodyside height. That won't be enough to stop me from buying one, as I think the parts alone should be worth the cost.

Were the '49 Woodie's "wood" areas painted or a decal, Steve?

I'd say the wood areas were painted on the display model but I'm hoping for decals at least for the inserts.

I will admit it's less noticeable to my eyes with the models finish painted than when they were in bare, grey plastic, but I still think I see the tiny bit of excess bodyside height.

I'm with you on that point. I had the test shot in my hands at NNL East and from the character line above the wheel openings to the top of the fenders looks just....a....little....bit... too wide.

<sigh....> Hope I didn't just fire the first round in a Cuda-hate response, but it DOES look real good otherwise.

I'm with you Casey on the 53 Chevy panel graphics. It will still make a great donor to fab up a '50 Olds Sedan Delivery phantom.

It wouldn't actually be a phantom, as Olds' did actually put together a couple of "concept" cars of a Sedan Delivery.

So did Revell show anything about the 1/12 '69 Camaro or did they just show the same picture that we've seen already?

No, just the new box art it looks like. Never say never, but I don't think there will be anything different than what was mentioned in the specific topic discussing that kit.

I moved some of the posts from the Revell 2014 announcements since technically Revell didn't announce anything for 2014 at the 2013 Toledo NNL (which I think most of us expected them to), but rather showed only 2013 kits. Hopefully this keeps all the discussion regarding Revell's 2013 kits in one place, and allows the 2014 announcements/kits their own, new topic for discussion.

I moved some of the posts from the Revell 2014 announcements since technically Revell didn't announce anything for 2014 at the 2013 Toledo NNL (which I think most of us expected them to), but rather showed only 2013 kits. Hopefully this keeps all the discussion regarding Revell's 2013 kits in one place, and allows the 2014 announcements/kits their own, new topic for discussion.

And I think that was a good idea

• 3 weeks later...

Which October?

This October...I got them last week at the LHS.

RPP shops got them a week or two ago, they went into wide distribution this week. Revell always ships at the end of the indicated month. The month is more a reminder to their dealers about when they need to get their orders in. So when it comes to Revell, just remember that you should see it on shelves right around the first of the next month, unless your LHS participates in the RPP program, they get them about a week or two early.

• 3 weeks later...

I can't believe they won't ship the 1/12 Foose Camaro until AFTER Christmas. Talk about passing up (or blowing) a marketing opportunity!

Well it does say "Latest Shipping Date"...the November releases say 11/26 - next Tuesday, but people CLEARLY gotten their hands on the new Cuda a week before that.