Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fastest Street Legal Car In The World For Sale!

Big difference between street car & streetable car! Let' see it do 70 on the freeway for 25 miles or stop & go at 4 or 5 redlights without filing the plugs!

Being hairdried with EFI, That shouldn't be a problem like it would be with blowers and/or mechanical injection or carb(s). Then if he's running E-85, the car shouldn't run hot at all when cruising and not cost to as much feed like it would on pump gas let along some form of race gas!

Now, this car might be able to claim a "worlds fastest "street" car" in the 1/4 mile, even though I have found at least 2 other cars as fast or faster with one showing proof of being street driven (in the RAIN no less). However, here is the REAL worlds fastest street legal car.

[media=]

Being hairdried with EFI, That shouldn't be a problem like it would be with blowers and/or mechanical injection or carb(s). Then if he's running E-85, the car shouldn't run hot at all when cruising and not cost to as much feed like it would on pump gas let along some form of race gas!

If its set up to run on alcohol, then that pretty much proves it not a "street car" , where does one find alcohol at the pump lol

I have seen some of Rod's older "race " cars and that is what they are race cars that can place well in a car show .

Tubbs and Shucky are correct in what has been said I saw his 57 vette and i was impressed to see him drive it on

the street .and in bumper to bumper traffic.

And just google Drag week by Hot Rod Magazine Larry Larson and his Chevy II are awesome

even google Larry his exploits are erally cool .

Michael

If its set up to run on alcohol, then that pretty much proves it not a "street car" , where does one find alcohol at the pump lol

E-85 is available at many gas stations across the nation. Most manufacturers make flex feul vehicles that can run on it or regular gasoline, plus there's even a few that are built to run exlusively on E-85. Edited by Longbox55

Joe, your right! EFI and turbo's have changed the drivability of fast street cars. I lived through the early muslce car era when 12 second street cars were fast, and if you owned an 11 second car (66 nova,RHS 327, 4 speed, 4:56 gears Friday night special), well you were the talk of the town!

E-85 is available at many gas stations across the nation. Most manufacturers make flex feul vehicles that can run on it or regular gasoline, plus there's even a few that are built to run exlusively on E-85.

E85 is ethohnol, not alcohol. Not very performance oriented. About 70% efficient as gasoline. And very corrosive to run on a vehicle not designed to run on it.

E85 is ethohnol, not alcohol. Not very performance oriented. About 70% efficient as gasoline. And very corrosive to run on a vehicle not designed to run on it.

Did I just read that right..........seriously?

Ethanol not only is a form of alchohol, but other than gas mileage, it works quite well as a performance fuel , is less corrosive than Wood Alchohol and is consumable by humans as a "beverage" ;) Been running the stuff in my 200 since late may and once the computer figured out how to best burn it, that Pentastar V-6 was actually more driveable in hot weather and made more power lower in the power band than it did on 87 octane pump gas and ran cooler in 90°+ temps with the A/C cranked to -11! I've also run into a couple young guys at the pumps with turbocharged Mistubishi's that were tuned to make power on it, the latter of them had an Eclipse GSX that had sounded like it had a couple healthy cams in it when he pulled up. I asked him what all had been done to it and he said that it had a "built" bottom end, bigger cams, bigger turbo, front mount intercooler, and then was planning on running around 35 pounds of boost. IIRC, he was expecting a 500+ HP..............and that's a conservative estimate!

Edited by Joe Handley

Everything I've heard pretty matches what moparmagic said, plus from what I've heard, you lose about 2-3 mpg running it. It is however, very high octane, which is why the performance guys will run it, to keep their engines from predetonating under boost.

Yep E85 is readily available at the pump especially in the midwest. Its a big hit as Joe and others have said with tuners these days as I believe it has a relative octane rating of 105 which is why so many guys running uprated turbos, etc are tuning specifically for it. No disrespect to some of the folks who posted in this thread but I'm afraid some may be a bit behind on the times when it comes to just how many miles one could drive one of these "street legal" beasts. The cars which perform in the "drag week" competition by Hot Rod Mag drive hundreds upon hundreds of miles, many of which pulling trailers, etc. in all sorts of weather conditions. It is part of the challenge. Some run on pump gas, some run E85, some run dual fuel systems which allow them to switch over for drag duty.

It is true, feul mileage will be reduced. It is also true that it can be corrosive to certain aluminum alloys. On the OEM level, as well as aftermarket parts made to run on it, there is a coating on any surfaces that may come into contact with it. Most of the horror stories out there about ethanol "ruining" feul systems from corrosion come from vehicles that sit, mainly collector vehicles and in some cases, lawn and powersports equipment. In some of those cases, it's marginal parts (rotted hoses, cheap Chinese import parts) that are effected, and ethanol is falsely blamed.

Joe, your right! EFI and turbo's have changed the drivability of fast street cars. I lived through the early muslce car era when 12 second street cars were fast, and if you owned an 11 second car (66 nova,RHS 327, 4 speed, 4:56 gears Friday night special), well you were the talk of the town!

My Dad did too, he's even more impressed by the modern naturally asperated factory motors that put out over 1hp per cubic inch, yet are reliable enough for daily driver duties. My sister has an '06 Charger SE with the 3.5l V-6 and he was impressed by how strong it ran for having that small of an engine (it's only 217ci), especially when he thought back to the '50 Plymouth coupe with the 90hp 217ci Flathead I-6 he had as a first car........then there's that 3.6l (220ci) Pentastar V-6 in my 200, 283 horse yet can burn any pump gasoline as well as E-85! Back then, getting anywhere near that kind of power would be good for a quarter mile at a time and still not even be driveable around the pits and return lane let alone be able to drive it to work or the store.

It is true, feul mileage will be reduced. It is also true that it can be corrosive to certain aluminum alloys. On the OEM level, as well as aftermarket parts made to run on it, there is a coating on any surfaces that may come into contact with it. Most of the horror stories out there about ethanol "ruining" feul systems from corrosion come from vehicles that sit, mainly collector vehicles and in some cases, lawn and powersports equipment. In some of those cases, it's marginal parts (rotted hoses, cheap Chinese import parts) that are effected, and ethanol is falsely blamed.

Fox "News" had an article on their website about the "dangers" of ethanol in gas, one woman insisted that it caused the trans to fail in her Nissan Pathfinder as well as a leaky radiator and overheating problem in the truck.........<_<

It does have a higher octane rating due to the cooler burn, but the power potential is concerdeably lower then gasoline, there for it takes about 30% more to match it 1 to 1, hence the loss in fuel mileage.

The only reason it's even available is, well we won't make this political. I know it's used in race sanctions, there are even E99 cars. Ever see E100? Probly never will unless every race team wants to get a license to transport and distribute alcohol.

Joe, your 200 will run on just about water, which is good because that's just about what we have here in Washington.

My original point was, most "street" cars aren't built to run on alcohol, maybe av gas, bit probly not alcohol.I was just playing along with the "street legal" tag.