Model Cars Magazine Forum

Resin LS7/T-56 Crate Motor from VCG Resins-LS9 coming soon

The master for the crate motor is cleaned up and ready to go. I just received an extra set of engine halves so that I can remake the master for the stand alone T-56 six-speed. Everything will be sent off to VCG in the next couple of days.

Ordering will be through VCG. I just created this thread to show him that the market was here to make it more likely that I could get a top-notch caster to take on the project. I do get a discount on my first order for creating the master but otherwise there is no financial gain for myself. My main goal was to get this out in the wild as I believed it would be a bonus to the modeling community to have it readily available.

Edited by LOBBS

Would you ship outside the USA?

And would I order directly from you or through VCG Resins?

MG

I don't know for sure VCG's international policies but if he won't send me a PM. I'll put a few extra on my order and get them to you.

Brazil you say Cesar! I tell you what, I'll pick up a few extra sets for you free of charge. All you'd have to do is purchase a round trip ticket for me and I'll personally deliver them to you! Deal? ;-p

I've got the package with me and I'll mail it on my lunch break tonight. I just have not been able to slip off to the PO before work. In a recent email with VCG, once they receive the parts it'll take them a couple of days to make the molds. They'll send me pics of the first couple out (a shot of the parts and one assembled). If all looks good, they'll be ready to order. So if all goes well, we're looking at early to mid next week as to when you can start placing orders.

Edited by LOBBS

I'd be in for a couple. He should make some long tube headers too.

Headers are, more often than not, application specific. Even in scale, where we have some room to fiddle with making things fit, it would be difficult to make a one-size-fits-all set of headers. A set of shorty, street rod style of headers would be doable but incorrect for most applications. There are also plenty of tutorials out there for making headers from solder.