Model Cars Magazine Forum

The big payoff

So this guy Jairus approaches me and offers me $50 dollars to join this model forum and I say "what the heck".

Actually I am just kidding. I had to pay Jairus $50 dollars to let me join.

O.K., so I'll never be a stand up comedian.

Actually, I just joined here and I think that the forum is awesome. We can never have enough venues to get together (even if it is only on a computer) and meet and greet new people, share secrets, learn new tricks, pass on some tricks and just have a great modeling experience.

If you click on the web link below it will take you to my photo hosting site to see what I build.

I will share one pic, though. This is a project that I built a few years ago after seeing the real thing in a calendar in Street Rodder magazine. It is a 47 Chevy custom. I had the Galaxie kit and wasn't sure what to do with it until seeing the picture.

I had the dubious honor of winning the Model Cars mag "Best use of color as a design element" award at Salt Lake back in 2003. To date it is still one of my proudest awards to ever bring home from any show.

Mvc002f-vi.jpg

I hope you like it and I am very happy to be on this forum and now I have one more thing to do while I am on line.