Model Cars Magazine Forum

Paint Questions and Experiments!

Personally, I don't clear over decals, particularly if the actual car's stripes were NOT painted but applied as in tape stripes or something. In the case of the Shelby those stripes were painted on, so if I were building it, I'd probably clear over them or I'd simply paint the stripes on to be consistent. Use caution when applying clear over decals.........some don't like certain paints and if I were you, I'd test them in a tiny area either on the decal sheet, or in an inconspicuous area somewhere on the body.

Hope this helps!

Yes, I'd leave them alone...........you're still learning. There will be other models that this paint scenario will come up. ;)

BTW, I want to tell you that for a beginner, your paint job came out very well! I wish mine had come out that nice some 35+ years ago when I started building!

Edited by MrObsessive

Steve,

Bill (Ace) is a professional 1:1 body technician and painter ( and so much more his resume is very impressive) he and I are about the same age and came though the ranks of custom shops and builders where the work had to be show quality.(you can view my resume on my profile)

If you follow his advice you will have success. Mr Obsessive makes some great point as well. As do others

I'd give you my two cents but I thinks the gang has it under control!

I can see you have made great progress since you first started the thread. Keep up the good work! You'll get there.

jwrass

That's great to hear! I tried my best to apply their advice! The gt350 is done I just need to re paint the hood. I just painted a 32 ford yesterday. I was going for an old school look and did a flat black and it came out great! I will post some pics tonight!

Edited by 1hobby1