Model Cars Magazine Forum

The name's Pete!

Pete Rebilt!

I've been whittlin' away at this for a couple weeks. Not sure of its future yet, but, on its way no less. Started with the AMT 359. So far I've chopped it, scalped it, dropped it and performed rhinoplasty, narrowing the hood and scratchin' a new grille. Will be constructing a frame soon and see where it goes from there. One thought is possibly hauling the toys around in the 44' Galaxy gooseneck or even leaning towards a wrecker of sorts. We shall see as it progresses.

019.jpg

041.jpg

070.jpg

Edited by mountaindewd

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the comments, y'all!

I got a little more done to this one. I've made two different bumpers and not yet sure which one will be used though I am leaning toward the bigger one. Cut the kit sleeper up and using it as the fuel tank/storage box. I still have to finish sanding the roof of the sleeper tank and scribe doors into the upper portion of it. Interior has been started also. This is all in mock up, nothing is glued yet.

2013-01-01222543_zpsf1d27654.jpg

2013-01-01222912_zpsf935562e.jpg

2013-01-01222524_zps82868553.jpg

359custom024_zpsc8cb5356.jpg

359custom061_zps2c1fa4dc.jpg

Super tuff little hot-rod you have there! I like both grills, the first one with the chunky bumpers makes the truck look tougher, but the second one looks a little better. This is turning out pretty nicely. What are the plans for the exhaust and air intake ? Decided on a color?

Edited by BigBad