Model Cars Magazine Forum

ROCKET VAN! Deals Wheels Flying VW Van. WIP 11-30-12

Ira

BiG SCREEN TV!!!

I found this TV in a 64 Impala kit. It had Rabbit Ears and an AMT Ad on the screen. I left off the back of the TV and cut off the Rabbit Ears. Then I cut down the Dashboard and the back of the TV, for a tight fit and glued it in place!

DSCN8673R.jpg

B)

yea that would fit right in on futurama! love that show! i have every season on dvd. its my all time fave animated show. there is an episode where fry gets an old VW van.....its called "bendin in the wind" bender goes on tour with beck, and fry and the rest follow him in the VW van.......

cheers

bryan

Ira, far be it from me to tell the master of the cartoon builds what to do with their builds but what do you think about a bubble instead of a flat glass for the moon roof ? Just an idea, you know best.

Thanks for the suggestion Ray!

I do have a bubble that size. I tried it but I don't think I'll use it... B)

Edited by Ira

Stuff like this brings out the ten-year-old in me- I wanna do that, too! Now I want to go thru my parts box and stash... Thanks, Ira. That's so freakin' cool!

Thanks for the kind words John!

You might try a Car-Toon Car they are Great Fun... B)

INTERGALACTICAL DASHBOARD!!!

I found some Real Nice Round Head Pins, Made from Glass, in Dolores's pin cushin. Looks like these would make Great Control Levers!

DSCN8970R.jpg

I drilled holes in the Dash and glued the cut down pins in. I also cut out the back of the seat and fit it in place.

DSCN8994R.jpg

I added some Gauge Decals and a few details and the Intergalactical Dashboard is done!

DSCN9004R.jpg

B)