Model Cars Magazine Forum

pale rider.... 66 chevelle

tbill

started a 66 chevelle today, I used to own one, was an SS clone, I shoulda never sold it........

anyway, I saw a new spark or sonic at work in a pale yellow, it was called 'lemonade' on the window sticker, and the color just screamed to me to do a 66 in it, so to the parts counter I went with paint code in hand and ordered a spray can of the color.

today I did some body work, and then layed on some 'lemonade', needs a wet sand, then some clear coats, but I like the way it looks so far,

photo_zps92cae5a7.jpg

photo_zps2e7fe9dc.jpg

will have a black interior, but still unsure of wheel choice, maybe poverty caps, or the incorrect rally wheels. I also may use some PE bits on it. stay tuned....

Edited by tbill

thanks, i have the motor wired, and the 'tid bits' that glue to it painted up. got the body wet sanded and polished, just need to break out the BMF on the body, and do the other door panel. hope to have some real progress to show in a day or two.

stay tuned.........

looking good Tom, gonna be a killer build.

side note, I have a 67 chevelle (the pro street one), going with a chevy color called capri cream. very close to this and I am doing the dog dish caps out of the yenco nova/ZL1 camaro. didn't have plans to start it for a while....but this looks mighty nice, may have to move it up on the list. I will be watching.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, the body is out of the pond......

I was all set to BMF it, but noticed a small dark orange/red spot in the middle of the roof......tried to wet sand it out, but no dice, I then tried to repaint just the roof, epic fail, so in the pond it went.

I picked up a pack of the amt redline tires, and robbed the wheels and caps out of my ZL-1 camaro kit, so that's the wheels and tires sorted out.

I got the other door panel bmf'd, dash decals on and floor flocked. Front suspension is on as is the firewall. I also alclad'd the exhaust and then cleared it.

Hope to have some fresh pics of progress in the next few days.

Thanks for looking.