Model Cars Magazine Forum

56 Chevy Sedan Delivery

carnut

My first post here,

This 56 I have started 2 years ago, blew the paint job so after a trip to Easy Off oven cleaner land I am taking another shot at this. Body is from Modelhaus but I modified the side trim to put a 56 Del Ray sweep on the back half. It is for a blues musician friend of mine. Hope you like it.

http://IMG_0980-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

I like the trim you added. I built this same body last year and used the Revell Nomad as a donor. The only problem I had was where the body and the interior came together in the back. Just a little grinding on the body inside and then went together fine.

Thanks for the feedback guys, it is appriciated.

Dave I had to do the same thing, I used the 56 Nomad interior because I thought that it looked better. I had to carefully do some grinding insode tp get the interior, chassis and all to fit and sit just right.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well it has been awhile, but with things here finally slowing down a bit I have finally been able to put some more time in on the '56. A club menber told me the other day that the tops of the fenders were wrong and that they should not have a peak to them. So after I did some research I found out that the guy was right, so I had to sand down the peaks off the fenders. going some cleanup on the inside front fender wells too.

http://IMG_1195-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Mike,

if you're interested, shave the emblem off the rear lift gate as well - I'll bring you better one - the chome trunk emblem from Monogram's '55 Chevy Badman. let me know.

- or add the V below the molded in emblem.

Good to see your progress on this - you're building the model I want to build.

Chevy had two styles of emblems for 1955, 1956, and 1957 passenger cars - front and rear

The 6 cylinder cars had a large crest - about 14" long

The V-8 cars had a smaller crest above a large V

The body you have has the smaller 8 cylinder crest without the V - probably to make it look more like a standard 6 cylinder car with the 235 six which would be common in a stock sedan delivery.

Hey Muncie,

Thanks for the offer, I am not sure what I am going to do yet. I might check the 56 Nomad doner kit I'm using. I will defiantly keep the offer in mind. Much abliged

Edited by carnut

You might want to check for the Nomad style v-8 emblems under the tail lights. I didn't notice this until I painted mine. Most people will not notice it, but I know they're there and it bothers me on mine. I kept the small emblem without the V but wish now that I had added it. What color or colors are you think ?

I was just thinking of taking to small V's off the ends of the fins, mmm, I guess I'll keep them for now. This one isn't to be bone stock, so I am still thinking of keeping the crest in the middle of the tailgate as well. After looking at various photos and such I'm starting to get confused so I might keep things now as they are.

Paint is to be a two-tone white roof and light-medium blue body divided at the belt line or base of the side panels.

Good suggestions and advice, I really appreciate and need the feedback on this one.

Edited by carnut

• 2 months later...

Hoping to get back to this, it is ready for primer and paint, but the weather up here in the Pacific NW is record highs so having to wait for the temperature to come down a bit.

Hope to post photos soon. Thanks for your patience.

Edited by carnut

Take the time you need ;)

sunday we had the "german temperature record" since 1881 in my hometown...40.3°C...i am glad to work in our Basement B)

What was wrong with the sidetrim?

Edited by Dominik