Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ferrai F430 project!!!!

cruz

This is something I decided to do just to kill some time before making a final decision on which project to attack next, might just be the new Revell Nova, at least that's the first one on my list. The paint will be Tamiya Chrome Yellow w/ Tamiya clear. It has a very simplified engine, I consider this to be more of a curbside than anything else which is perfect considering that it's a time killing build just to keep me busy. I love the bodylines on this car, then again, which Ferrari isn't considered beautiful? :) I decided to go with waterbased Acrylic paints for the interior while at the same time using pastels for shading and finally emulating a leather interior, something I saw in a model magazine a few weeks back and decided to incorporate into this build. The car is being painted as I post this message and the corresponding pictures, hope you guys like it!!!

DSC05333.jpg

DSC05321.jpg

DSC05322.jpg

DSC05324.jpg

DSC05331.jpg

The first thing I decided to start with is removing the simulated plastic mesh and eventually add some leftover mesh I had in my spare parts box. I will have to cut it to size once the car is painted.

I Alcladed the Discs w/ Aluminum Alclad, I like the contrast they will have against the Aluminum rims that come w/ the kit. I painted the calipers w/ Testors flat red, brushed two coats of Future floor wax on them and finally placed the Ferrari decal logo.

DSC05337.jpg

DSC05338.jpg

DSC05342.jpg

DSC05347.jpg

DSC05349.jpg

DSC05351.jpg

DSC05357.jpg

DSC05359.jpg

Detailed some of the very few engine parts like the ones shown in these pictures. I like using the Citadel line of paints in conjunction with the Testors Metalizers to simulate the variuos metallic parts around the engine.

DSC05411.jpg

Thank you for the comments fellas. Here is the model after painting it last night, got to bed at 5:00 in the morning but it was worth it. I am not too happy with the panel lines around the doors so I will be working with them a bit more. I will have to wetsand it and polish it once it's nice and dry so I still have a bit more to go. I am currently working on the interior, not much more to go after that. :lol::lol: Hope you guys like!!!!!

DSC05400.jpg

DSC05403.jpg

DSC05405.jpg

You are the man Cruz, your work always amazes me man. Looks to me that the painting doesn't require any more touchups! Is this the Fujimi kit? I like this Ferrari much more than the Modena model, the lines are way more sophisticated. Did you lower it or is that the final look of the model? On the engine parts, was the red part textured in the kit? I have a few Ferraris in my stash and some of the parts on the engine are textured and others are not. Can't wait to see this one complete.

You are the man Cruz, your work always amazes me man. Looks to me that the painting doesn't require any more touchups! Is this the Fujimi kit? I like this Ferrari much more than the Modena model, the lines are way more sophisticated. Did you lower it or is that the final look of the model? On the engine parts, was the red part textured in the kit? I have a few Ferraris in my stash and some of the parts on the engine are textured and others are not. Can't wait to see this one complete.
Thanks Jay, yes, this is the Fujimi kit and a nice one at that. The stance that you see is the final onobstructed one, these Japanese kits are usually good when it comes to that. The texture that you see painted in red which will mount on top of the engine is slightly done by shooting it at a pretty far distance to recreate it. B)

I have never cared for anything thats not AMERICAN MUSCLE, but now I wanna build something EXOTIC!! NICE LOOKIN' FERRARI CRUZ!! BEAUTIFUL!!! :huh:
Hey Abe, I really think you will like this!!

Hey mano, whats up!!!!!

What a change of speed from a couple of costom hot rods to a euro.

I have not built a ferrari in more of a decade but if I ever do one,

you know I will use this as reference. The yellow is melow and the interior

looks used, I like it. How do you got the silver on top of the red valve covers

with out making a mess.......I have been trying so hard to do that.

I have a 302 cobra valve covers that I want to paint flat black with

the brush metal lines and cobra name in bear metal. try light sanding

and scrapping but the chrome flakes off.

Marcos, nize ferrari....bella maquina, estare por la mesetari!!!! :)

I just took a pencil and passed it right over the lines as you can see here, I think it gives it just the right sheen, you just have to be careful not to handle it much....

DSC05356.jpg

For your valve covers, after you paint them black, preferrably Flat, you can use these pastes that I bought at Michael's Crafts Store. What you do is just dab a little bit on top of your workbench, put a little bit on your finger and after using your other hand as a pallete and taking some excess off just rub off the paste above the raised lines of your valve covers, you should be able to clearly see the lines without messing up the valve covers. You can also do this with a flat brush! At the end, if you want your valve covers with a bit of a semi gloss look you can always spray them at the end.

Picture057.jpg

Picture054.jpg

cmaroconcept001.jpg

cmaroconcept003.jpg

What's up guys, I rubbed and buffed until my heart was content and these are the results!!

Picture018.jpg

Picture021.jpg

Picture019.jpg

Picture017.jpg

I still have to work w/ the panel lines a bit but I am happy up to now, of course I also have to work some more

on detiling the windows and stuff around the body!!!

Picture002.jpg

I went with some textured paint to simulate the carpeting, I was a bit lazy to use the embossing powder trick

I learned and also, the floor on this model is pretty hidden away after the model is complete. I decided to make,

for the first time that is, some floor mats, I am happy w/ the results, I was lucky I guess!!

Picture004.jpg

Picture005.jpg

I also textured these in a slightly lighter color to create some contrast!!!

Picture006.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Here are the seats in place and the different shades of colors that compliment the whole interior!!!

Picture054.jpg

I COULD NOT BELIEVE HOW EASY IT WAS TO APPLY THIS STUFF!! It is the simplest, cheapest, and most realistic trick I have seen yet!! I got some spanish copper today to play with and see what it would look good on...

Tipstricksideas020.jpg

I thought it'd be funny to copy your pic since I copied it from you... :lol:

I thought I'd give it a try on the mufflers and rear end too, and I think it turned out pretty dang good.

Tipstricksideas021.jpg

Tipstricksideas018.jpg

THANKS FOR THE TIP MARCUS!!!

Edited by abedooley

I COULD NOT BELIEVE HOW EASY IT WAS TO APPLY THIS STUFF!! It is the simplest, cheapest, and most realistic trick I have seen yet!! I got some spanish copper today to play with and see what it would look good on...

Tipstricksideas020.jpg

I thought it'd be funny to copy your pic since I copied it from you... :lol:

I thought I'd give it a try on the mufflers and rear end too, and I think it turned out pretty dang good.

Tipstricksideas021.jpg

Tipstricksideas018.jpg

THANKS FOR THE TIP MARCUS!!!

What aisle are these in?