Model Cars Magazine Forum

58 Belvedere, not Christine

bbowser

I found this photo online of a downscale Belvedere and fell in love.

JG58Bel05.jpg

I thought perhaps the trim changes might mitigate the flaws in the AMT body that everyone seems to notice. I sanded/ground off the Fury trim and left the thin side spear, which to my eye appears straighter than before? I added scratchbuilt B pillars that are 2mm longer than the window opening, which forced the roofline up a bit. I also found some steel wheels in the parts box and whittled the stock hubcaps down to 'dog dish' size. Otherwise the rest is built box-stock. It's actually a very nice kit with quite a bit of detail. I would have liked a 6-banger to complete the 'low-buck' theme but with the hood closed who will know? I really enjoy modifying kits from top-of-the-line trim levels to something a little more mundane. Hope you like, comments welcome.

SAM_2507_zps012b1d21.jpg

SAM_2511_zps543967c1.jpg

SAM_2506_zpscfff2053.jpg

SAM_2504_zpsd96c1a28.jpg

SAM_2502_zps93f9615d.jpg

SAM_2510_zps45508d0e.jpg

It looks pretty good to my eyes but, I'm not trained on Plymouths to well. I tried to make a '55 Chevy sedan out of a hardtop once and realized the top on the hardtop was lower. About a year later AMT released the sedan body, maybe they will do that on the Plymouth some day. I guess this is similar to what Allen is saying about the Plymouth. I still like it though and appreciate all the effort you put into it. .

That's cool! Great job on the trim removal. The roof is completely different from the hardtop to the sedan however.