Model Cars Magazine Forum

Aston Martin DBS

Mike

I saw it...but, also,I saw the $50-$70 price tag I told before..for that amount, not thanks...with a couple of extra dollars, I can get a multimedia resin body model car...like the new Model Factory Hiro Porsche 917LH..actually with a couple, and couple, of extra dollars ;) , but, at least is much more interesting that this Aston. I guess I will wait a couple of years untill I can find it in a swap meet or the price drop down.

Simón P. Rivera Torres

Surprise!

The DBS is available in the US right now. Someone found it in a hobby shop in Colorado; I looked it up on Stevens International website, and it's available.

I can't wait to see more of these beauties built! :D

Edited by simonr

I saw it...but, also,I saw the $50-$70 price tag I told before..for that amount, not thanks...with a couple of extra dollars, I can get a multimedia resin body model car...like the new Model Factory Hiro Porsche 917LH..actually with a couple, and couple, of extra dollars ;) , but, at least is much more interesting that this Aston. I guess I will wait a couple of years untill I can find it in a swap meet or the price drop down.

Simón P. Rivera Torres

I love seeing how you detail your models to the Nth degree. I always admire those who build to that level and standard. So I can understand why you might pass on this kit...

I far prefer the simple life of building more common (but high quality) models like this one. To me they're worth it; my enjoyment comes from building models for their appearance, for design aspect, not for mechanical details. You might be surprised how few MFH kits I would buy, even if the cost were equal to Tamiya. I just don't like tiny detail parts, especially photoetch and anything white metal. I far prefer Profil24 or Fisher kits over MFH. For the high-parts-count, high-detail multimedia kits, I'll live vicariously through others and I'll keep building & enjoying the simpler kits :D

I was most forunate enough to receive Tamiya's new Aston Martin DBS kit for review. I'll be getting a couple more for sure. It went together beautifully. Thank you Tamiya!!! :)

DSC02103.jpg

DSC02097.jpg

DSC02089.jpg

DSC02124.jpg

DSC02125.jpg

DSC02126.jpg

W

Well done. Very nice details.

Well, basically, what I liked to say was that I feel that,not this one, almost any new Tamiya modern model car that this company knows will hit deeply our modeling minds, they in no time, place an out of this world high price tag, like they did with cars like the Enzo, the Mercedes SLR, and now this one. Besides, like these are almost only the only ones with good detail in plastic and other features like Photo etch, they take advantage of us with this. I didn't say I won't buy it, specially now that I'm working with a classic Aston Martin, the DB4, and I had discovered this company has a lot of real 1:1 cars that should be release in model car form a way back, what I say is that for now, I found something around the $50 is too much for a plastic kit. Later, definelty, I will add it to my collection. Meanwhile, I will enjoy seeing the beautifull creations that all of you(like zoom zoom) do with this great model kits.

Simón P. Rivera Torres

Well, basically, what I liked to say was that I feel that,not this one, almost any new Tamiya modern model car that this company knows will hit deeply our modeling minds, they in no time, place an out of this world high price tag, like they did with cars like the Enzo, the Mercedes SLR, and now this one. Besides, like these are almost only the only ones with good detail in plastic and other features like Photo etch, they take advantage of us with this...

Simón P. Rivera Torres

They only take advantage of you if you buy the kit. Many cars that Tamiya makes are done by other companies, and for less money. You can get a Revell Enzo and put some work into it.

No, I don't think those companies will do the job Tamiya makes on theirs. I will wait to buy the Tamiya instead.

Thanks for you advice anyway.

Simón P. Rivera Torres

They only take advantage of you if you buy the kit. Many cars that Tamiya makes are done by other companies, and for less money. You can get a Revell Enzo and put some work into it.

Edited by simonr

Simon, the page you linked to was essentially blank for some reason. Perhaps the URL got jumbled up when you posted it..................here it is below shortened up to play nice with the board. ;)

http://snipurl.com/w66y4

I was wavering if I'd like this or not without a separate engine, but after seeing the built up model done up nice-----I think I can deal with this very sexy car! :wub:

Thats some nice box art!I see there are some overly sensitive people on this board,as in life.I guess if you have a problem with how Tamiya does business maybey you should contact THEM to report your concern.Otherwise just because you have to have the last word doesn't make you more intelligent.Thats all I'm going to say about that.

Edited by oversteer

:wub:

Thats some nice box art!I see there are some overly sensitive people on this board,as in life.I guess if you have a problem with how Tamiya does business maybey you should contact THEM to report your concern.Otherwise just because you have to have the last word doesn't make you more intelligent.Thats all I'm going to say about that.

Bill, try again:

http://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=TA%2024316'>http://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=TA%2024316

Simón Rivera

Now I bring god news, take a look in this site were you guys will find the model for about $40 shipping included. This a very respectable, well stocked site where I been getting most of my stuff from Japanese companys and a very good price.

http://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=TA 24316

Simón P. Rivera Torres