Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 Walcott Truckers Jamboree

Howdy y'all! If you may or may not have noticed, I don't post here very often anymore because I have gone back to driving and keeping this country going thanks to diesel power!! Actually, I had life issues in December that forced me back to the road, and I have been making this go round work to my advantage by taking time off in a couple of spots other than home around the country. One thing I definitely was not going to miss was this years Truckers Jamboree in Walcott, IA, held at the Iowa 80 truckstop, the world's largest truckstop. I managed to get pics of every truck on display in the show, even though it was quickly done because of sleeping in on Thursday and getting there just before an approaching thunderstorm did on Friday. That is why most all the pics are 3/4 shots from the front, had to race the rain so I didn't have to buy a new camera! :lol:

Also, before me and my better half went back on the road the Saturday after the show, I had another driver staying at the motel we stayed at get this pic of us and our happy home on wheels.

HPIM3891.jpg

Here is the link to the photobucket album, and there is many fine examples of old and new iron to drool over!

http://s769.photobucket.com/albums/xx339/highway76/2012%20Walcott%20Truckers%20Jamboree/

Also, for some of the old iron like these,

HPIM3727.jpg

HPIM3772.jpg

HPIM3779.jpg

there will be another album that I will try to make and post next weekend while I'm on my 34 hr restart I get on the dedicated account I'm now temporarily running that is from the Iowa 80 Trucking Museum on the truckstop grounds, These are all part of an impressive collection of old iron the truckstop owns. If you live near Walcott or are just passing through, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND stopping if for nothing but a walk around the museum!

nice pics, thanx for sharing them, I could have been there if not for a nephews wedding, maybe next year! I really like that blue freightliner with the mounted bull rack, just what I need, another project idea ;)

:lol: Yeah, I know what you mean Randy!! I don't have space in my Pete to build during what little down time I have, but just from the trucks this past year, I have many new project ideas for when I come off the road!

• 2 weeks later...