Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 67 Corvette Coupe 427

CrazyGirl

Anne....it looks great to me...and once you get the whole dash finished it will be fantastic and the things you dont like you might not even notice anymore. Also once the whole interior tub is complete you might not even remember what it was you dont like about the dash. I cant wait to see it with the gauges placed in it.....Keep up the great work and keep on building!

I am getting really excited about this build , two more small gauges left to do and on to the radio knobs and such , I want to get those knobs and switches as close to real as I can , but they're tiny , we will see , anyway sorry for posting a pic every 3 minutes :lol:009_zps40c56a08.jpg

Edited by CrazyGirl

Naa. Keep 'em comin'!

One thing just jumped out at me, but maybe you have a different plan than I foresee or have already thought of it.

Looking at your bezels, I'm assuming that you're going to do the gauge faces with a decal or print. Are the recesses for the faces deep enough to hold these as well as a clear lens?

Just another thought to chew on...if I were doing my bezels like this, I'd take it that step deeper into insanity and drill a hole in the center for a wire post, and make needles. But maybe you already thought of that, too. :D

doing decal face , I can't go deeper otherwise the bezel would fall off ,it's just a few thou wall thickness , there is enough depth to do a coating of epoxy to make the lens ,, the bezel OD is .090 the hole in the dash is .074 and the counter bore for the gauge decal is .062 , so I have to make them kind of backwards,,,,,,,, ok the gaugs are finished ,,,,,,,, I have to say I was a little nervous as to how this would pan out , but I am more than happy with the results 011_zps535344d4.jpg010_zps63baf1f4.jpg

Edited by CrazyGirl

Oh, I think I see how you're doing them. You've got the bezel proud of the housing, like they'd be in 1:1, right? That makes sense, but it does limit your depth.

You could get around that simply enough -- increase the diameter of the housing portion (and open up the hole in the dash to allow it to fit). Wouldn't take much, and you've got .016 to work with there. Bezel diameter would stay the same, both inner and outer...but you'd have more "meat" left on the housing to go deeper.

Anyway, just spittballin'. What you're doing will still look great...better than a lot of dashes, for sure! :P

Why? Just build in YOUR "comfort zone" and enjoy the hobby. Simple.

Good lord, I was just kidding. She was impressed with some of my work, and I was just letting her know in a silly way I am very impressed with hers. You did not notice the winking smilie?? Very impressive work Anne.