Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tip - Dispensing Liquids

I haven't noticed anyone doing this but, having worked in laboratories, we used plastic squeeze bottles for all sorts of liquids. I bought 2 of these off of eBay for around $6. They are used by tattoo artists. They make dispensing small amounts of lacquer thinner for A/B cleanup a breeze.

post-9974-0-73867700-1370985220_thumb.jp

For small amounts, like for thinning paint, use a real pipette, like we did in chemistry lab. Stick one end of a piece of rigid tubing into the liquid you want to transfer. Put your finger over the open end. Move the tube where you want the liquid to go, and release your finger. The further you stick the tube into the liquid, the more it will hold. I use a left over piece of aluminum tubing. Lasts forever!

The smaller size polyethylene clear plastic squeeze-bulb dropper pipettes from Testors do that very same thing, and are far less expensive. $5.39 for a pkg of 6 at the hobby shop in Indianapolis where I picked mine up.

Art

I just ordered some from a vendor on eBay. They were $4.35 per hundred, with free shipping from China.

I have several of those and use them for everything except lacquer thinner. Won't that stuff eat the plastic over the long run? It eats my plastic pipett things.

Dale

I've been using them for about 6 months and they're fine.

The smaller size polyethylene clear plastic squeeze-bulb dropper pipettes from Testors do that very same thing, and are far less expensive. $5.39 for a pkg of 6 at the hobby shop in Indianapolis where I picked mine up.

Art

This is what Is use ..... on the same pack for about eight years now.

• 1 month later...