Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Dodge Charger R/T?

I see it... I'm 99.999% sure that's the Fast & Furious Charger they're doing later this year but I'm not sure if that will be based on the previous diecast they did or the 68/69 plastic kit.

Too much undercut in the body shape to be derived from a diecast tool, I think (based on the plastic kit made from the Vanishing point Challenger, and ex Smokey and the Bandit T/A)

Back to the subject, blew up the photo this morning to look at the body and the fenders look '68-69 to me.

Too much undercut in the body shape to be derived from a diecast tool, I think (based on the plastic kit made from the Vanishing point Challenger, and ex Smokey and the Bandit T/A)

If what you're saying is true, and it sounds like it is, this could be very good news for those of us wanting a nice (non-diecast-based) '70 Charger. Man I hope they get this thing right.

Dumb question (because I don't understand the process) will they be retooling the '68 or '69 molds to make a '70?

Is that a hole in the hood. ..........OMG it's is yuck! One more thing that is no 70' Charger the front has

an under cut where a bumper would like 68' ! The 70' Charger has a hoop front.

Edited by Mr mopar

It's probably just a regular production 68/69 kit with a hole cut in the hood to get the layout right for the F&F kit, but I guarantee you that the reason that's on somebody's desk is because they're working on the F&F Charger due later this year.

If that picture is any indication of Revell preparing to convert the '69 to a '70, then that's great news! B)

That would be good news but only if it's a stock 70' Charger!

It's probably just a regular production 68/69 kit with a hole cut in the hood to get the layout right for the F&F kit, but I guarantee you that the reason that's on somebody's desk is because they're working on the F&F Charger due later this year.

I think you right about this!

I see what's going on here. See what's by the mouse? Someone with some info is playing with chargers. That's sweet

Agreed. I wish we knew more, but even this picture gives some hope. I haven't built a model in 8 months but if Revell dropped a '70 I'd be on it in a heartbeat.

• 2 weeks later...

Revell already did a 70 charger :)

revell-the-fast-and-the-furious-1970-dod

The speculation is that Revell is planning to do a styrene kit based on that tooling, as they have done with other diecast models. Kits of the original F&F Charger or the Fast Five car could do well... that metal body '70 is much nicer than AMT's weak attempt was..

Edited by Rob Hall

I'm pretty excited that they might be doing this one in plastic. The body seems right to me- I was going to combine one of the diecast kits with a Revell '69 Daytona hood, and MPC grille insert & interior (from the Modelhaus). Having it in plastic makes it that much easier. I could either leave the doors alone and build it as a non-R/T, or try to cast some door scoops from an MPC kit. I could have sworn somebody did the door scoops in resin awhile back (AFXnScale, maybe?).

Check out this Ebay sale that just ended, got way too rich for my blood, just shows the demand is pretty high for the ol 70'....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111667437599?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Jeff

Not really..no correlation between the value of a 1970 promo and demand for a new kit of a similar subject. Old Mopar promos in good shape in the special colors have gone for high prices for years..

And if anyone did use that as their basis for a kit according to some of the experts it would never sell, and "they" would never buy one if it were produced the front bumper's all wrong, and the roof has to much angle along the drip rail,.... you get the idea, some nice person posts a picture posing the possibility of something being thought about, and fifteen people start tearing it down because they can tell from a very small part in a bigger picture that the dimensions are all wrong, and it's not worthy of being offered to intelligent people.;-)

problem with that revell kit is its 50% 70 charger and 50% 69 charger. If theyre going to use this tooling they need to change the taillight panel, add scoops to the doors. Also the interior in that kit is stripped and would need a lot of work to get it stock.

And if anyone did use that as their basis for a kit according to some of the experts it would never sell, and "they" would never buy one if it were produced the front bumper's all wrong, and the roof has to much angle along the drip rail,.... you get the idea, some nice person posts a picture posing the possibility of something being thought about, and fifteen people start tearing it down because they can tell from a very small part in a bigger picture that the dimensions are all wrong, and it's not worthy of being offered to intelligent people.;-)

So are you saying no one's allowed to wonder if the body will be "off" like some other kits based on die-casts? Apparently this kind of speculation isn't new when it comes to concerns about how Revell may decide to produce this kit. Here's what Casey (Moderator) said all the way back in 2011: I hope Revell wouldn't release a '70 Dodge Charger based on a die-cast model/tooling. We need only look at the Revell '70 Dodge Challenger R/T T/A kit to see the shortcomings of such ideas.

You also seem to feel the need to protect Revell from any criticism they might incur by releasing a die-cast - based kit. Should we just hope that they'll consider making it with the headlight doors closed, or just be thankful we're getting any '70 Charger at all?

Ever wonder why the guys at Missing Link Resin used Revell's '69 Charger as the basis for their '70?