Model Cars Magazine Forum

White Interior Combinations

I've never been exactly sure why, but I really like building models with really light or white coloured interiors. However, the standard combination of white with black dash and carpet is getting kinda boring. I know there have been other combinations but I'm not sure what colours were offered by which manufactures on which cars. I'm hoping the font of knowledge here can help.

For instance, I have seen a white interior paired with a red dash and carpet on I believe 67 Coronet R/T convertibles, and also white with blue dash and carpet on some Mopars and perhaps even 70s GM cars? Has there ever been white with green? Tan? Other? :)

In the 70's GM like to offer white seats with many different color combinations. Normally the seats and door panels were white. The dash, carpet and package shelf were in the other color. I remember they had a green with white seats that looked pretty good. I always liked blue and white. Red and white were fairly common too. Old Car Manual Project has a lot of old car brochures you can see for free on their web site. I'd go there and start looking around.

Scott

As you noted, Dodge and Plymouth had a number of such combinations. I've got a "Red Book" that lists quite a few of them, by model, for the musclecar years.

I know Chevy offered a blue & white interior in the '67 Corvette. I believe the '69 Camaro also had an orange and white houndstooth upholstery pattern.

With the exception of the Chrysler-badged 'C' bodies ( New Yorker / 5th Ave , and Imperial ) 1969 was the last year for MoPar offering white seating / doorpanels with 'coloured' accents ( red , blue , green , and gold ) .

Some early literature showed the 1970 Duster with white / blue accents interior ! However , that same literature also mentioned that Rallye Wheels were standard on the 340 model (VS29) ; so , that early literature was only speculative . Same with the alleged Mod Top option for the then-new Duster ...

Here's some ideas to spice up interiors.. just imagine white instead of black on the last one. These were 1980s cars, I don't even remember which ones, that I posted for someone many years ago!

My favourite white 80s interior that I have seen was in a Challenger (Mitsubishi based) that had white seats with blue plaid inserts! Dash and carpet were also blue. Looked pretty spiffy!